¹⁵ NIGHTMARE

───CHAPTER 15───

───CHAPTER 15───

Daybreak has settled over the runway, the lone jet parked idly as students and teachers hovered nearby. A warm glow cascaded across the grey concrete and white lines, the sun blinding against the reflective windows and lenses. The city life was distant, barely a hum over the airport. The exchange students have experienced a new sort of calm, leaving behind the hectic city life.

Rosemont was precisely on the other side of the world from where U.A. high school resided, therefore the trip was a long one; About fifteen hours, give-or-take, which would explain the slouchy lounge wear particular kids had worn for the early morning.

Currently, Spencer leaned on Xavier's shoulder, eyes closed as she snuggled into her neck pillow. The two wore hoodies and sweatpants, Xavier wearing some sneakers and Spencer throwing on some slides for the ultimate comfort. Haneul on the other hand wore black crocs with superhero pins, a pair of sunglasses and a matching tracksuit. She basked in the sun, stretching her wings and smacked Rhodes right in the face.

"Oops— Didn't see ya there Alex," Haneul chirped, grinning with the light in her face.

The boy furrowed his brow and fixed his beanie before stalking around her. His grey eyes glared at Haneul's peaceful expression, Rhodes deciding it was way too early to start a fight with someone like her. He threw his bag over his shoulder and went to wait inside the jet, ignoring All Might and Aizawa who stood by the staircase.

Haneul arched her wing to get a better look at it. "I can't believe we're stuck with Alex for the rest of the year," she groaned. "We were so close to getting rid of him."

Spencer peaked over at Xavier who wore a velvet eye cover, seemingly getting ready to respond to Haneul's frustration as his nose wrinkled. "I think we could've been stuck with someone way worse than Rhodes, in my opinion," Xavier stated, his eyes still covered.

"Xavier has a point," Spencer adds. She sits up from his shoulder. "Although I would've liked Ashton to have come with us, Alex is at least manageable and not a complete—"

"Imbecile? Dumbass? I can go on—"

"OK—OK—We get it." He pushed his sleeping mask over his forehead, stiffening when Haneul turned toward him. "But still. . . it could be worse," he mumbled into his hoodie, shrinking in his spot as her blue gaze sharpened.

"If you're worried about Rai, don't be," Spencer interrupted. She flicked one of her locs behind her shoulder. "She told me that they reached some sort of. . . understanding the other day."

The boy beside her popped his head out from his hood. "Really?"

Spencer shrugged. "She was oddly calm about it all. I don't like it"