Part 8

Chapter 8

"Thank you for everything you've done for us, Hades."

"Of course. I should be the one thanking you. Please visit soon. You both are always welcome here in our home."

Hades held onto Persephone tight. I saw their glow. They were happy. They were reunited. Aidonus and I looked at each other. That was how I felt about Aidonus. We began our journey out of the Underworld. It would be a long way to the island. We began our ascent. Once again I had to focus solely on my feet in order to keep from seeing the lives of all the souls trapped in the underworld. Aidonus could sense my anxiety and held tight to my hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------

We reached the surface. Walking back to our car I noticed that it had begun snowing.

"We were only in the Underworld for a few days. It was the end of August. How is it snowing?"

"My love, time in the Underworld passes slower than the surface. 1 day there, is 1 month here."

"Oh my god. My dad. He hasn't heard from me for three months. He must be worried sick."

I started to panic.

"Shhhh shhhh. Don't fret my love. I took care of that. I sent your father a letter on your behalf telling him that you would be going on a year long trip where you traveled to remote places with no service. I told him you would write when you could."

"You really have thought of everything haven't you?"

"My job is to be your protector and support. I will always ensure that you are alright and your needs are met."

I looked at this wonderful man. He was perfect in every way. And for some reason he loved me. He was fated to me. Never once did he waver. Never once did he doubt that we would find each other. He loved me and only me. I felt luckier than anyone in the world. I had fallen for him faster than I had ever fallen for anyone. He looked at me with nothing but love and compassion. He was my other half. The missing piece of me that I never realized was gone.

I wasn't going to lose him again...

----------------------------------------------------------------

We arrived by boat to the island. I thought that the Underworld was impressive. This island was the most magnificent thing I had ever seen.

"This was our home?"

"For many many years."

"It's beautiful."

"Just like you."

I smiled at him. We entered the docking area and were greeted by hundreds of nymphs. There were around 50 Grecians of all ages.

"Thalia! Aidonus! You've returned finally!"

A woman in a robe greeted us. She looked around my father's age, but she spoke beyond her years.

"I am Andromeda, daughter of Epimetheus. I am the all-seeing seer. I replaced my mother Cassieopia after she was killed by Eryx. I foretold your return three weeks ago. What have you come for?"

"We wish to see Calpernia's resting sight."

Andromeda stood there contemplating for a while.

"Very well... I will show you Calpernia's place of rest. Under the condition that you tell me why it is so important."

Aidonus stepped in.