Chapter 10

Just like SooYeon said, the weather was terrifyingly nice today. There was no single cloud in the sky and the air was a comfortable temperature with a slight breeze, a quiet breeze.

The kind people would think there must be a storm in the middle of the ocean somewhere that requires all ugly weather to be pulled out from nearby land.

Though it could be considered as cold for a summer, the sugary sand was still warm as Junkyu and Haruto walk barefooted through the mile-long crescent beach.

They had their jeans rolled up to below their knees, letting the calm waves crash onto their ankles every now and then. Junkyu watched as his toes being sucked by the wet sand over and over again, feeling the soft grainy texture in between his toes. He also carefully watched where Haruto's feet stepped onto.

The younger doesn't have his cane stretched as he thought he would be safe enough with Junkyu walking next to him, arms linking with one another.

Besides, they were walking on the —kind of— safer side of the beach, near the edge of water. Where the rippling night waves already took pebbles and bigger debris with them as they rolled back to the ocean before the morning came.

"Say Hyung, are you going to save me if I'm drowning in the sea?" The hypnotic sound of the water crashing into the shore in Junkyu's ear was drowned out by Haruto's question.

Junkyu fished out his phone and typed on the screen. "Why? You can't swim?"

Haruto chuckled. "I can. I'm a good swimmer actually. But I stopped swimming in the sea after losing my sight. The thought of swimming in the sea without eyes scared the shit out of me. It's like navigating a ship in the middle of the ocean without a compass, you won't know where you're heading to. And I can't count on my ears either. The sound of water crashing my ears would be too disturbing."

The young master raised his brow and typed in again. "So, you're not always blind?"

"Huh? I'm not. I became blind because of an accident." He answered, turning his face towards the sea.

Junkyu wanted to know more about the accident but he refrained when he felt Haruto's arm tensed a little bit and instead, he rubbed a comforting circle on Haruto's hand.

The younger smiled at Junkyu's effort to comfort him. He stopped walking and turned both of them around facing the sea. He went to Junkyu's back to hug him from behind, wrapped his arms around Junkyu's upper arms, chin resting comfortably above his shoulder.

"You know I love the beach and sea, right?" He asked. Junkyu nodded as his gaze locked on the far edge of dark blue blending with the light blue sky.

"Don't you think it's funny, among all places, the place I love the most now became the place that terrifies me the most." Haruto shook his head in disbelief.

"I became anxious when the water reached my knees. A small step could make me fall and probably without me knowing, the waves already brought me far into the ocean."

Junkyu instantly looked down to his toes, to see how high the water hit them. Haruto chuckled, brought his hand up to Junkyu's head and playfully shuffled his hair. "I can feel it only touch below my ankles, Hyung." He teased.

The young master shrugged and typed on his phone again. "If it terrifies you, then why would you come here?" Said the robotic voice.

Maybe he's an adrenaline junkie?

"It's plain stupid to let go something that I love just because a small part of it scares me. I might not be able to swim again, but I can still enjoy the sand, the small foam on my feet, the sounds, the breeze, basically everything else other than getting myself drowned in water." Answered Haruto firmly, hoping his Hyung could get the hidden message behind his answer.