Chapter 19

"Dingdong naega deureoganda. (Ding Dong, I'm coming in)"
"Eoseo domangchyeo. (Hurry up and run)"
"Dingdong naega deureoganda. (Ding Dong, I'm coming in)"
"Eoseo domangchyeo. (Hurry up and run)"
"Kkokkkok sumeora meorikarak boilla. (Hide tightly, I can see your hair)"

Junkyu pulled his forehead away from his hands on a tree. He looked around and giggled. There was no one around him. He brought both hands up to cover his little mouth as he couldn't stop giggling.

"Kkoma-ya.. Where are you.." Junkyu shouted playfully, teasing the boy he was calling. "Kkoma-ya.. I'm coming.." He giggled again.

His little feet brought him around the mansion. He ran. His heart was beating excitedly. He ran. He's going to find the little boy. He ran. He looked behind the rose bed. He ran. He searched around the side of the mansion. He ran. He turned to the back of the mansion. He ran.

He ran and ran again. His heart was beating nervously. His giggles were gone. Huge pearls of sweat were what's left. He looked around. He felt lost. He was lost. He was inside the pine forest. The one his mother told him to never set a foot.

"Kkoma-ya, where are you?" He shouted again. There was no playful tone this time. His chest throbbing. He was tired. He was scared, terrified.

"Kkoma-ya, let's stop playing!" He cried out loud. "Kkoma-ya, come out!"

Little Junkyu looked around once more, he saw nothing but rows and rows of pine trees towering around him, wild bushes swallowing his legs.

He leaned against one of the trees, his legs were getting weak, he strutted down and down until his bottom touched the wet ground. He brought his knees to his chest. He sobs. He was scared.

"Kkoma-ya, where are you.." He called with a small voice as he was sobbing. He hid his face between his knees.

"Kkoma-ya.." He trailed off and shook his head. "Haru-ya.."

The touch on his shoulder blew his memory like smoke dispersed into the thin air. "Young Master, let's get inside." It was Jung-In hand that woke him up.

The young master didn't react. His eyes were trained to the pine forest. The dark green was strong against the light blue sky, bright summer sun sneaked past through the tree branches and hit the ground, brightened up some pine trunks along the way. It was beautiful, yet it held a bad memory for Junkyu.

It was where he lost Haruto long ago, his first friend, his little boy..

He still couldn't grasp the idea that Haruto caused the accident. His mind still refused to believe, yet he knew his butler wouldn't lie to him. There was no reason for him to lie. If he would, he could've lied to him the day he was woken up in the hospital. Or the day he started to shut himself from the world. Or the day he started cutting himself.

A hideous silence strained in and Junkyu let himself slip onto the ground as an intense feeling wrecked his whole being, making him choked on his own breath.

Despite Jung-In calling him with alarming voice, the only thing Junkyu could hear was how hard his heart started beating in his chest, how he felt all his bones shatter into a million pieces, how his breath got faster, like he was trapped and there was no escape, how hollowness crowded his heart and smashed it.

Oddly enough, there wasn't any anger within him. There was sadness, bitterness, confusion, worry and everything else, but not anger. For Junkyu, this was one of those times where things felt unreal. Like he was in a dream, but not really. Like these were fantasies and illusions and things he didn't encounter right away. Anomalies in which he only saw and felt in his deepest and dauntless dreams for them to happen to him.