Chapter 7

tw: suicide 

Narrator POV
Her eyes fluttered open revealing a hospital room.
"W-where am I?" Lily croaked out. Sitting in a chair at the other side of the room was Oliver.

"Lily! Your up!" Confused, Lily looked around the room and at Oliver. She tried to sit up but Oliver pushed her back down.

"Hey, hey, take it easy. You passed out while we were walking to school. What happened to you? Why were you trying to go to school well you were clearly hurt?" He kept on questioning her but it was too overwhelming.

"Stop Oliver!" There was tears falling down her face as she looked up at him. She couldn't look him in the eyes though.

He was so close to figuring out her dirty little secret, she knew it.
"Please Oliver I'm fine. Just take me home."

"No Lily. I won't until I know your safe. What happened?"

Lily looked into her lap and allowed tears to fall. Tilting her head to look at him, she looked him dead in the eyes and lied

"I fell down the stairs."

"How?"

"It doesn't matter Oliver and I don't need your help so just stay out of it and leave me ALONE."  She snapped.

"Jesus Lily! I just want to make sure that your okay. That's what friends do. But you wouldn't know."

Ouch.

"Maybe I don't want any friends. Maybe I just want YOU and everyone to stay away from me! Last year all you did was tease me and now you want to be my buddy?"

"I'm sorry Lily. But I have changed. C'mon."

Lily turned her body to face away from him.

"Lils I just want to keep you safe," he whispered. Him saying this surprised her. "Really Lily, I can be a good guy."

Lily took a moment to think... maybe she was being unfair.

"Okay, Oliver," she whispered softly. "But why me? Why do you care if I'm safe?"

Oliver looked at her and studied her delicate features before saying, "I just want to be your friend." That was a lie too. 

.............

After spending a while in the hospital she was given some medication for the pain and instructions to take it easy.

Oliver took care of her and tried to calm her anxiety. He was sweet and thoughtful but still she was a bit angry at him for bringing her to the hospital.

As well as being given the medication she was given a hospital bill. When she got home she hid it in her drawer away from her father. If he found out she went to the hospital he would kill her.

On Thursday she had her first tutoring session. She was instructed meet a girl in her class, Ava, at the library. She had seen Ava around and she seemed nice. Still, Lily was nervous.

She made sure to come to the library early and have everything ready. When Ava arrived she introduced herself and they got started. The lesson was going really well and they stayed and chatted for a bit after.

"So, are you dating someone?" Ava asked.

"Umm no I don't really-"

"You know I see Oliver staring at you allll the time," she giggled. 

Lily looked at her with a confused look on her face. 

"You don't know Oliver?" Ava asked. "Oliver Hendrix?"

"No, I know Oliver I just don't think Oliver would be interested in me."

"Why? You beautiful girl, and sweet!" A deep blush began spreading on Lily's face.

"O-oh th-thanks. Are you dating anyone?"

"Ya I have a girlfriend. Natalie. I think she's in your math class..... she's so amazing." Ava said gazing upwards lost in thoughts about Natalie. 

Lily felt herself making a friend. Ava was nice and fun to talk to. She was a very bubbly person and they had made plans to meet up again soon. 

After they were done Lily went back to the history room to grab her bag. The door creaked open and she walked over to her desk to grab her bag. She bent down and out of the corner of her eye she saw something, no someone. Someone lying down behind the teacher desk.

She crept behind the desk and lying there was Eli. Eli with his wrists slit.