Chapter 9

My father picked me up be the collar of my shirt. The blood on his knuckles and from my wounds had stained my white shirt now red.

"What did you just say to me? WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?" I sobbed and begged for forgiveness, but the treacherous man wouldn't let go of me. "You're ungrateful, Lily! I pay for your school, I feed you, I give you a place to live and in return you give me nothing. You and your mother."

His words hurt as much as the punch's he was throwing into my stomach. When I was little, he didn't treat me as bad as he does now. How can the man who I once looked up to, my own father, now be my nightmare? Every moment of suffering in the hands of my father. The world seems to slow down as he hits me more, till I can barely feel it, till I can barely breathe.

"Dad..." I whispered with whatever strength I had left. But he wasn't listening, he was to filled with rage. My father hauled my body into the cupboard underneath the stairs and locked the door shut. It was dark and my vision was too blurry to see anything properly. Maybe I'll die here. Isn't that what I want? No, it's not. I don't want my own dad to kill me, but I do sometimes wish I could drift off, peacefully.

My head fell onto the cold floor in the cupboard that I barely fit into and I thought , this day has been one of the worst of my life. The worst of my life.

I'm beaten half to death and Eli's really dead, but was he even ever real if Oliver couldn't see him?