Ch 𝟸𝟸

𝗟𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲.
Afterward, he swept up all the glass shards scattered around the hardwood floor.

Levi thought about every word you spoke to him.

"Are you hurt?"

It's not like she cared right?

Right?

  Levi contemplated knocking on your door but he convinced himself otherwise. If she's that upset it's her problem. I'm the last person she wants to see right now. He thought.

Levi was in his bed trying to fall asleep. He couldn't, for the reason that he was thinking about you.

"I'm tired of this and I'm tired of you." He remembered the words you spoke to him. "Nobody will fucking listen."

Levi groaned. At this point, he wouldn't be getting any sleep.  He blamed you for it.

It stung to push him away, but you couldn't fathom why. Whatever, what's done is done. You think.  It's not like I didn't try anyway.

You tried ignoring what just happened and placing your mind on something else.

"I didn't want a fucking wife." You remembered the words he spat. You remembered what you said to him.  "I'm tired of you."

You sigh and hug your knees while facing down. Your hair falls around you.

   Why must your brain do this to you, why must it remind you about shitty things you want to forget.

   You had decided against sleeping but frustration makes you exhausted so you succumbed to sleep.

"I'm just as upset as you are but there's no point in getting mad at something I can't change!"

  "I don't know, it's probably hard for you to comprehend, but I didn't want a damn wife."

Levi sat up and combed his hand through his hair. Dammit. He wasn't sleeping tonight. He got out of bed and walked towards the door of his room. He opened the door and made a right to the main hallway. Where your room was.

He walked past and took another right heading to the stairs to the kitchen.

  I didn't want a husband.

Levi groaned again. He pulled out a bottle of wine from a cabinet. He didn't bother grabbing a cup, instead, Levi popped the bottle open and drank from it, taking a few sips at a time.

"I'm tired of this."

"I'm tired."

"Tired."

Tired of what?

Out of everything you said to Levi that stuck with him. Levi banged the bottle on the table. Then took another sip, and another, and another.

Whatever he was mad about soon slipped his mind.

Levi heard a small noise behind him and turned to see your cold e/c eyes starring at him.

This isn't my business. You thought.

Levi smiled at you. You look at him with distaste. If it had been any other time you probably would've thought it was cute. The empty wine bottle in his hands was not cute, however, it was concerning.

"Y/n." Levi cooed. He placed the bottle down. It wobbled before setting in place.

You didn't respond.

You turn around. You didn't have anything to say to him. I don't know why I expected something else. You thought.

" Y/n I'm sorry," Levi admits.

You scoffed at his apology. A drunk apology ain't a real one. You say mentally.
You keep walking to the stairs but Levi takes a hold of your arm.

"I'm sorry I hurt you."

Wc 556