«04»

«four»

Jungkook took out a match box and lit the match stick and one by one lit every candle which were placed on the beautiful strawberry cake.

It looked really beautiful, the words ‘I love you’ burning bright. Strawberries dipped in chocolate were surrounding the cake.

Taehyung's breath hitched when he reads that. Jungkook slowly got down on his one knee and held the cake infront of him. Jungkook started panicking when he felt everyone's attention drawn towards their table.

"Taehyung I...." Jungkook began and took a pause for a deep breath. "I never thought I'll be doing this in canteen but... I guess I couldn't wait any longer."

"When I'm alone, I think of so many things to say to you, but when I have a chance to tell you— I go speechless." Jungkook laughs out nervously. "This may come as a surprise, but I've developed feelings for you. Lately I've been thinking alot about you, as in more than friends."

Taehyung brought his hands up and covered his mouth in surprise, the plate he was holding slipped and fell on the floor. He just can't believe Jungkook is confessing him infront of so many students. 

Jimin standing aside and watching the scene unfold infront of his eyes, slightly stumbled backwards. How can this be happening? Didn't Jungkook liked his secret admirer then why is he confessing Taehyung?

Or did Jimin assumed it all wrong?

Jimin just couldn't take it anymore. How can he watch his dear best friend confess to his secret crush? The scene just breaks his heart. He turned around immediately wanting to leave the place as soon as possible.

Taehyung accepting Jungkook would be even more heart breaking to see. It would leave a deep scar in his heart.

‘We always tell each other whatever we do then why didn't you told me about this? You motherfucking bitch. You unknowingly broke my heart.’  Thought Jimin as he ran towards the door.

Tears immediately formed in his eyes which made his vision blurry because of which he bumped into a guy. Jimin harshly wiped off the tears and looked up at the masked guy and then excused himself.

Vante who just entered the canteen stopped when a male bumps into him. He recognised him as Jungkook's bestfriend. But why was he crying? Before he could ask Jimin, the boy ran away.

Vante walked further inside then all of a sudden he froze in his place when he saw Jungkook kneeling infront of a shocked Taehyung. A strawberry cake in his hand.

It was definitely the proposal.

"Taehyung I really like you a lot and want to be your boyfriend. If you accept me then blow the candles and cut the cake." Jungkook stretched his hand out and took out a plastic knife from the box and passed it to Taehyung.

The crowd around them cheered Taehyung.

Taehyung smiled bashfully quickly taking the knife from Jungkook and getting on his knees, scooting closer to Jungkook. He gently blew the candles and cut the cake, taking a small piece out and bringing it close to Jungkook's lips. "I like you too."

The crowd around them roared. Jungkook smiled foolishly, his bunny teeth peeking out making him look adorable. He opened his mouth and took a small bite then moved the piece of cake near Taehyung's mouth who took a bite of it as well.

Taehyung stood up, Jungkook as well. The older launched himself onto Jungkook, buring his face into younger's neck. "I like you so much j-jungkook." Taehyung's voice cracked. "I really do."

All Jungkook could do was smile and wrap his unoccupied arm around Taehyung's waist mumbling a "feelings are mutual."

"Don't they look cute together?" Vante snapped out of his trance and immediately whipped his head around to look at Min Yoongi by his side, his hand dug in his pocket and looking at the boyfriends.

"It was so obvious that Taehyung liked Jungkook too."

‘Why only him? Wasn't I obvious enough that I had a crush on Jungkook too?’

Yoongi turned to Vante and smiled but his smile immediately dropped when he noticed others tear filled eyes peeking through his curly bangs. "Hey! Why are you crying?"

All Vante could do was broke out into more silent tears. Yoongi panicked. "Don't tell me you had crush on one of them." Yoongi hesitated before asking, "was it— Taehyung?"

Vante turned around and ran out of the Canteen not looking behind. He kept running and running, ignoring the weird looks thrown at him by the students. He ran into the janitor room and closed the door shut, sliding down against the door and breaking down.

He often comes to this place to hide from other's or to eat his lunch. Or sometimes bunk his class and come to janitor room to write a letter for Jungkook, because nobody comes to this place.

He threw his mask off and pushed his hair back leaning his head against the door, painful sobs passing past his lips. Vante wiped off his wet cheeks harshly which were again wet by the new tears cascading down his cheeks.

"H-how am I gonna— c-control my-myself -hic- when I see you both -hic-  together b-being all lovely dovely?" Vante said in between his hiccups.

"It hurts Koo baby. I-it fucking hurts t-to see you with som-someone else."

With trembling hands he reached to his pocket and pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. He placed a cancer stick between his lips and proceeded to lit the end of it.

He needed something to calm his mind and heart. And only this harmful smoke can do it. He needed to feel that burning sensation in his lungs. He wasn't a fan of smoking but sometimes he really needs one when his mind is all over the place.

Suddenly Jungkook's face popped up in his mind and Vante stopped himself from lighting the cigarette. He suddenly remembered Jungkook's disgusted face when he once saw the boy cringing at a middle aged man smoking on the street.

He definitely knew that the boy hates the smell of cigarettes. Vante changed himself for Jungkook, trying not to smoke. But sometimes he does when it gets out of hand.

Vante bit his lips and shoved the pack or cigarettes away also the one resting between his lips. If Jungkook hates the smell of cigarettes then he wouldn't smoke for Jungkook. He doesn't want the boy to hate him as well.

:: :: :: :: ::

Vante is very loyal to his KooKoo (≧▽≦)

Who would you have choosen if you were Jungkook?