Episode 8: Hungover

Remember to vote and comment. It means the world to me.
The curtains in your room struggle to hold off the light, which tries desperately to force its way into your room. But the curtains are made of a thin fabric which is not strong enough to keep the light out. And whatever light does not pierce through the fabric simple makes its way around the curtains, drawing a golden border around the edges. Oh, what a tenacious bitch light can be.

The garish beams throw themselves at you, nudging you out of your sleep. You groan and roll over, but by then you're already awake. You open your eyes and that damn light, the same light which had crudely plucked you from your slumber, shines into your eyes. It seems so much brighter than it should be, it fucking hurts. You quickly throw your arm up to shield you from the light, but you were too late. Your head is throbbing in pain. It's the type of headache that feels like a fucking aneurism when you roll your eyes into your head. You scrunch your face in agony and take a look around the room. The blanket from your bed has been completely removed from the mattress and lies, mangled, on the floor. You must have had a restless sleep wherein you had tossed and turned to such an extend that the blanket took it upon itself to leave you. Yeah, that must be it. You don't have a mirror, but you can feel your hair is a mess. Your mouth feels dry, you rub your tongue along the roof of your move, and it's as dry and rough as desert sand. You've drank before, you've had minor hangovers. But this was something else. This was to your previous hangovers what paper and pen were to a fucking stone tablet with hieroglyphics. 

Then you see Zenitsu. Poor, poor Zenitsu. Last night, he had revealed to you that he had never drank before. What a woeful experience he is in for. His legs are spread far apart, and one is hanging off his mattress with a shoe still on. He's lying on his bed, he hand is resting on his stomach, which lifted up his shirt and revealed the beautiful abs which you had pressed up against a few nights ago. You still have to tell him about that, don't you? His blond hair looks messy, but fluffy too. He somehow looks even cuter; as if that were possible. 

He begins to stir and you know he's about to wake up with hell in his head and the whole, fucking Sahara Desert in his mouth. Poor him. 

"Ohhh, my head feels awful." Zenitsu groans as he rolls over in bed. "Am I dying?"

"Nope," You say, your teeth clutched in pain and your forehead resting in your palm. "This is probably worse." 

"I bet it was the alcohol. It's no wonder people drink in moderation." Zenitsu sits up, and it looks like he exhausts great effort to do so. 

"I don't even remember how we got home last night." You sigh as you try to fish for the right memory, but nothing comes up. 

"Hey, I need to ask you something important." Zenitsu states through his pain.  

"You sure you want to do this now?" You raise an eyebrow at him, shielding your face from the sun with your hands at the same time. 

"I won't be able to relax if I didn't get this out there. . ." 

"Ok then, what's on your mind?" You're a bit nervous now. Zenitsu sounds serious, grim and ominous all at once. 

"It wasn't a dream, was it?" The words hit you harder than when Zenitsu hit you with the door. You look at him. Your hand lowers and the sun flood into your eyes. You flinch, but ignore the headache. 

"You told me last night, but you were a little drunk. So I can't be certain it was the truth. But the dream, it felt so real. I had ever felt anything like it." 

You give him a look that tells him you wish you told him sooner, and offer him a gentle nod. 

Zenitsu's nervous face turs into a smile. 

You practically lied to him about it the next morning, practically took advantage of the sleepy state he was in, and he smiles?

"Something about it was just utterly magical." He blushes. "I wouldn't totally mind doing it again."