Episode 11: (Final Selection) Wisteria Thunder

Remember to vote and comment. It means the world to me.
The night was long and cold. Each breath you take seems to send a shiver down your lungs. You and Zenitsu, quaking, ascended the mountain. Finally, after what seemed like years of walking up the mountain, you come to the Wisteria trees; beautiful trees that grew a beautiful flower that had all the seeming of a glowing, pink lavender plant. The air seems warmer up here, but that blessing can't distract you from the impending doom that lay just beyond these trees. 

And then you saw it, stopped dead in your tracks, and swallowed your saliva. 

It was the entrance to the Final Selection exam. Except it was less of an exam, and more of a slaughter house for young children who just want to became a Demon Slayer to help people. If it were up to you, you would just let them be demon slayers. If they aren't good enough to be slayers, they die. If they aren't good enough for Final Selection, they die. At least let 'em die with the title, right?

It had been a month since your talk with Zenitsu about final selection. And in the time that has elapsed, the two of you have done the only thing you could do: train. But the faithful day had finally arrived, and the two of you were trembling in your boots. 

Zenitsu's awfully quiet. He's horrified, but he's not crying. His face looks serious and grim. You don't blame him, really. This is an odd feeling for you, something that you've never felt before. The sensation of willingly walking towards something that you expect will kill you is horrifying and liberating at the same time. But it's mostly stupid.

"Oh god." You sigh with a shaky voice as the reality of your mortality dawns on you. 

"We're totally dead. . ." Zenitsu says ominously. He's got a look on his face- one that tells you he's not in the mood to be in a good mood.  

You look around. There's a boy with a toughened, angry face and a mohawk. There's a boy marveling at the Wisteria flowers, he's got red hair and a blue robes. And there's a girl in pink. Her black hair is in a ponytail and here face is washed in a look of gentleness and serenity. There are around twenty others, but they don't seem very remarkable. 

But no matter who you looked at, (even Zenitsu) shared similar expressions. Everyone, without exception, looked either scared, impatient or confused. No one knew what this test was or when it was going to start.

After around an hour of waiting, you see two girls with white and black hair step onto a platform. They look unsettling. They must be demons, mhm- 100%. 

"Welcome to the Final Selection." They say in perfect, creepy unison. "Thank you all for joining tonight. From the foot of the mountain to here, the demon-repelling Wisteria grows year round. But the trees end here and demons abound from this point on."

"You're job will be to survive for seven days beyond the Wisteria's protection. Good luck and begin." 

Zenitsu looks up at you as everyone else walks past the trees and into demon-land or whatever other thing those creepy twins wanna call it. His face is no longer stern, it's loving and scared. He extends his hand. You grab it. It's a bit clammy from fear-sweat. But so is yours. You walk past the threshold of the trees.

The two of you are now in Final Selection, and have made it a whole second without dying. Only six hundred four thousand seven hundred ninety-nine more seconds remain. After that, the two of you can go back and tell Jigoro about your victories and then celebrate with sex. Sex with Zenitsu- not Jigoro if that was unclear. The two of you are horrified, but you can tell that holding each others hands makes both of you feel more comfortable. 

"AHHHH! RUN!" Zenitsu screams. You hear his scream before you see the demon chasing you. But as soon as you see it, you jump backwards and get into position.

Breath.
"Breath of Thunder. . ."
Take your stance.
"First Form. . ."
Build up the energy.
"Thunderclap and flash!" 

You notice something different, the sparks emitting from you are purple! You teleport forward, the sound of booming thunder rings out . As you zoom at Mach 20, you feel your sword slice the demon. Zenitsu stares in awe at the purple thunder, and you are just as confused as him. Your confusion grows as you turn around and see something. . . expected. The blade did not find the demons neck. But it's just as dead- poisoned by a sort of Wisteria Thunder.