Chapter 6- The Responsibility

Last time

'I believe it wll be in Shikokuya or Ikedaya,thats is their usuall pattern'.Shimuda said.

'Got it,I'll inform the Aizu clan.....Toshi,gather our men'.Kondou-san said.Toshi nodded.

This time

Y/n's POV

So here we are,in a hall filed with men with baby blue haori's one.I stood next Chizuru.Kondou-san was sitting in the middle infront of the men that will join the battle.

'Are these the only soldier available?'.Hijkata-san asked.

'The others around ready for combat yet'.Saito said.

'Have the Aizu clan and Shoshidai set out?'.Hijkata-san asked.Gen-san turned to him.

'I haven't heard a word of both of them'.Gen-san said.

'So they won't move until they got hard evidence...Kondou-san lets head out,lets break into two group,I'll go to Shikokuya.'.Hijkata-san said.Kondou stood up form his seat.

'I want you to take 24 men with you to Shikokuya,Sannan will go with you'.Kondou-san said.

'But you left with 10 men then!'.Hijkata-san said.Kondou-san smiled.

'But I have Souji,Nagakura and Heisuke'.Kondou-san said.

'Okay'.Hijkata-san said with a grin.

After that meeting they all departed from Headquaters.Gen-san stayed behind with me,Chizuru and the soldiers who couldn't take part in the mission.While everyone left,Hijkata-san stopped by us.

'If I were them,I would attack Headquaters,keep everyone safe....girls stay for the most time inside'.Hijkata-san said beofre running behind the group.

Gen-san placed a hand on our shoulders.

'Lets go inside'.He said.We nodded and walked inside.Hijkata-san asked personally if Gen-san could stay here and protect headquaters,but mostly too keep a eye out for us.

It was late night so I begin to feel the sleep clawing at my back,asking to call it a day and rest but I ignored it.

'Y/n-kun can you prepare some tea for the wounded,I would have done it myself but....'.Gen-san said.

'Nono,its fine....I will take my leave then'.I said,standing up and walked to the door,but someone opened it.

'They're meeting at Ikedaya'.

I got out of the way as the stranger walked in.

'What?!'.Gen-san said.

'I will take the responsibility to run to Ikedaya to tell the information'.The stranger said.

'Chizuru,I would like you to leave with Yamazaki-kun',the information will reaches faster that way,who knows what will happen while you two are on your way there'.Gen-san said.

'With all respect but I able to do it myself'.Yamazaki-kun said.

'Still'.Gen-san said.

'Understood,lets go'.Yamazaki-kun said running away,Chizuru nodded and ran after him.

'They will be alright,right?'.I asked.

'They will,lets resome with our tasks'.Gen-san said.I nodded and ran to the kitchen. I looked around nobody. I water bended some water in a big pot and put it on fire.I crushed some herbs.I took the water of the fire ad let it cool down a bit. I took a couple of teapot and a pan.I pourd the herbs in the water and stirted it.I used the filter to pout the water in the pots. I ran with cups to the room where the wounded stayed in.I slided the door open.I ran back to get the teapots. I returned back in to the wounded room.I poured tea for them.

'Everyone,please sit up...I brought tea'.I annouced.

I gave everyone a cup,they drank it till te last drop.I looked around,everyone was injured or sick.I collected the cups and brought everything back to the kitchen.I look at the moon,full moon.

I closed my eyes as I felt the power that I got recieved from the moon,I am the strongest at full moons.I opened my eyes as I ran to the room where Gen-san stayed.He was reading a book.I narrowed my eyes as formed a plan.I slided the door open.

'I finished the job'.I said.

'Good'.He said.

'I will dash the dishes now'.I said,he nodded and I closed the door but in reality I was going to Sannan-san's room.I took his spare haori that he kept in his closet,it was pretty big,the sleeves were too long but thats okay.I ran to the bushed and took my box.I put on the mask and the haori.I put the bamboo hat on and ran to the room via roofs,water being my source. I now stood infront of the outside door of the wounded room.I slowly opened them,the moolight behind my form.

I squated down to the person near me,he had a large wound in his shoulder.I bended water at the wound,it closed up.I smiled and helped the rest out with their injuries.

I stood outside of the room,about to close it with my back turned to them when...

'Who are you?'. One asked.

I lowered my voice a bit

'Call me whatever you want....know that I come to help,I am no danger'.I said before closing the door and running away.

I ran to Sannan-san's room and folded the haori and place it back in the closet. I ran back to the box and placed the hat and mask back in all whle avoiding the room where Gen-san's was.I ran back to the kitchen to do the dishes.

. . .

The Next Day

I was in outside,doing the laundry.I was washing the bloodstained haori from last night,more bending.

Chizuru was present at the meeting they held at the time since she was there last night.

I am happy that I am alone now,just silence and water sounds.I breathed in.The Sun was shining bright,birds were singing,wind danced through the green in the HQ.I smiled as I hang the haori's on the wooden things.

I like it here

Tbc