002. 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

( chapter two             moonlight )

☁︎☁︎☁︎

EZRA hums lightly as he walks the halls of Beacon Hills High School. He heads towards his locker, putting in the combination. Suddenly his vision goes dark, a giggle coming from behind him.

"Stiles, I know it's you." Ezra said with a loud sigh. "Why can't I surprise you for once?" Stiles pouted as Ezra waved at Isaac Lahey, earning a shy smile and small wave. They have been friends for awhile; Ezra tutored Isaac occasionally.

"I'm not that easy Stiles, and besides you're a mouth breather."

"No I'm not!" Stiles whined, "Yes you are, you were literally breathing down my neck." Ezra rolled his eyes. They stopped walking, as Stiles gently grasped his arm and tugged his arm, seeing Scott heaving.

"Scott?" Ezra's voice full of sympathy as he wrinkled his eyes brows, awaiting an answer from the werewolf.

"Hey," Stiles voice a tad louder than Ezra's which finally caught Scott's attention. "Did you apologize to Allison?" Stiles asked, almost sounding like he was talking to a small child and yet Scott nodded.

"Is she giving you a second chance or is-" Stiles got cut off by Scott going a breathless "yes."

"Yes? All right. Everything's good." assumed Stiles, about to walk towards his locker until the werewolf spoke again.

"No." Ezra's gaze switched from Stiles to Scott, "Scott, what happened?" questioned Ezra, stepping towards Scott.

"The hunters. Her dad's one of 'em." Scott announced.

"Repeat that again?" Ezra furrowed his eyebrows, not fully processing the information.

"Her dad?" Stiles murmured, trying to understand the news as well.

"Shot me with a crossbow." Ezra instantly winced, the image of Scott getting pierced in werewolf form with an arrow while Stiles repeated the question earning an outburst from the werewolf, "Yes! Her father! Oh, my god!"

Scott breathing became heavier as he felt his lungs crushing his heart, pulsating in his ribcage.

"Does she know about him?" Stiles questioned. "Oh, yeah I don't know, what if she does? She's gonna kill me, man." Whined Scott, his bottom lips quivering.

Ezra gripped Scott's shoulders, earning a slight whimper from the melancholy werewolf, "You're not dying today Scotty, not on my watch! You are going to go out on that lacrosse field. Do your best, and if Allison wanted to kill you, she probably would've don't it by now."

"You're not dying today, Scott. So get yourself together, and go play lacrosse!" Ezra finished, patting Scott's cheek as Stiles grabbed his lacrosse gear. "Lacrosse..." Scott's voice held uncertainty, but that was well enough for Stiles and Ezra.