014. 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐞-𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫

( chapter fourteen     shape-shifter )

   ☁︎☁︎☁︎

     "THE PERSON YOU ARE TRYING TO REACH IS UN-" Ezra sighed in frustration, stuffing his phone into his pocket as he walked down the stairs. He hasn't been able to reach Isaac.

    Haven't seen him since that night. He hasn't been able to sleep, as the days go by, the dark circles under his eyes become darker. He walks down into the kitchen, watching as Ivan tries stirring up a conversation with his mother, but she sits there, drinking her coffee and eyes glued to her phone.

"Good morning, sweetheart." His mother, Melina said with a wide smile, giving her son a peck on the cheek. "Morning, mom." He said with a soft smile, he glanced up at his father who watched him. His soft smile quickly disappeared, replaced with a scowl.

         Ezra quickly got his toast that sat on the counter. They watch as an excited Ella comes rushing down the stairs with a wide smile. "Good morning!" She said excitedly as she walked into the kitchen. "You're way too excited." Ezra said as he yawned. 

"It's because I get to hang out with Dad today after school." Ella said with a smile, as she hugged her Dad tightly. "You should come with us, Ezra. It would be fun!" Ella said as she looked up at her brother, with pleading eyes.

   Ezra sighed, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge as he avoided looking into his sister's eyes. "No, I'm busy. Sorry, Ella." He said as he stroked her curly hair. Ellas' bright smile quickly turned into a frown. "Oh, okay." She said softly, turning back to pack her lunch.

   Ezra felt guilty, he didn't like making his sister upset. He hated being the reason she was upset. With a sigh, he turned back to her, tapping her shoulder. "I'll make it up to you this weekend. I'll take you to hang out with me."

    Ezra said with a fond smile. Ellas' frown turned back into her usual bright smile, as she hugged her brother tightly. "Thanks Ezra! Can Dad come too?" She asked, glancing back at her father, who stood there awkwardly.

"We'll see." Ezra said, glaring back at his father as the older man gave the boy a cold stare.

"Is Stiles picking you up, Ezra?" Melina said as she put her hair up in a ponytail, grabbing her purse off the kitchen counter. Ezra nodded as he rummaged through his bag. "Shit, I forgot my homework." Ezra mumbled to himself. He ran up the stairs, busting through the door of his bedroom.

He rushed over to his desk, going through his folders, he heard a small thud. He places his folders on the ground, looking down to see his photo album on the floor wide open. He reaches down, picking it up gently. His eyes lay on the first picture he sees.

It was Stiles, Ezra, and Scott on their first day of freshman year. Melissa took it, forcing her son and his friends to take a picture in front of Beacon Hills High School. Sheriff Stilinski and Melina were there, behind the camera.