Morning Munchies

You pick up the glass plate from the counter and stare at the contents. Leftover meatloaf from two days ago. When you first saw it sitting in the back of the fridge you thought it seemed appetizing, but now that you look at it sitting on the plate it just... "It looks so... sad." You murmur absent mindedly.

"Something you both have in common." A deep robotic voice snickers from the entryway to the kitchen. Glittering red eyes, full of mockery seeming to pierce through your soul. 

"Why are you up?" You ask him wearily. He's leaning against the wall staring at you, causing you to shift uncomfortably under his gaze. "Are you just going to stare at me?" You question with false confidence. He just grunts and walks away, the bells on his shoes and wrists jingle softly with each step. He has been acting quite odd lately, You realize suddenly, He's been up all night like usual but now he is also roaming around during the day too. You toss the meatloaf in the trash and set the plate in the sink not even bothering to rinse it off, Moon will just clean it later

You had been under the impression that he recharges in his sleep, but if that was the case then he would have powered off by now. "Not that I would complain or anything," you grumbled while rummaging around in the cabinets. Now that I think about it, Moon started behaving strange right after  Mother had left. He seems to constantly be checking on me... You dismiss the thought immediately. There's no way that tin-can would ever feel any sort of concern for another being, you thought in amusement. 

After spending a few more minutes looking for some sort of sustenance, you decide that a cup of coffee would do just fine. With cup in hand you make your way into the living room where you see Moon flicking through channels on the TV with that annoying bored expression of his. "Do you humans have any shows that aren't trash?" He complains mildly, shifting his gaze towards you. You couldn't help but laugh at his plight, which just caused him to get frustrated. "What's so funny?!" He snapped, putting an end to your humor. You may have gotten used to his presence and attitude, but you can't help but admit that he still scares you (especially when he's mad). He stands up from the couch, not at full height of course because he is too tall for that, and towers over you. You feel your heart beat faster as he approaches you.

"Is that seriously what you are having for breakfast?" He says, obviously judging you. When you didn't respond he just sighed and trudged past you an into the kitchen. You quietly let out the breath you were holding in, and take a sip from your coffee to settle your nerves. I need to stop getting worked up so easily.