Date and the Night Stalker Pt. 2

Before the chapter starts I want to credit  Kitty_Toast for both the cover image and for helping me write this chapter. She is a huge help when it comes to editing and critiquing.

Thank you, and enjoy!! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The drive was completely silent, you were too nervous to even turn on the radio. Just because you want to purposefully blow the date doesn't mean you're not nervous about it. Hopefully this Johnson Harvey guy gets the hint and turns me down,  or better yet, just stands me up altogether. The thought settles your nerves a little. The restaurant you were supposed to meet him at was called the Moonlight Regalia, a very exclusive and fancy place where the prices are way too much for any decent human being to afford, and it just so happens to be TWO LONG HOURS away from home. This brings you to your next concern of leaving Moon alone in the house for so long. "He'll probably go and mess around on my computer or go and break some other rule."

A car passes by with a rush of wind, then silence once again.

"...."

The engine rumbles softly under the hood, and you hear the sounds of the tires on the road. You pull up your phone playlist and let it shuffle through the songs. None of them were satisfying you so you just kept skipping through them before turning the radio off again.

"I wonder what Moon is doing right now." You sigh unhappily. "Maybe I'll call Alyssa and have her motivate me."

The phone rings for a moment before she picks up. "Hey Bestie! Didn't think I would hear from you today." She answered, as chipper as ever. 

"I just needed someone to talk to. I'm on my way to that date Mother set me up with, and I needed to talk to someone."

"Awe I am so happy you called me then! I will talk your ear off until the sun comes up!"

You suddenly felt relieved, Alyssa had always had the ability to loosen tension. That crazy brunette had the ability to make friends with anyone. Well, almost anyone.

"I am surprised though, thought you would've called Slenderman first to make sure he didn't burn the house down yet."

"He'll be fine. He knows that if the house is destroyed he becomes homeless too, and if it came down to it I would rent him out for the repair costs."

Alyssa chokes out a laugh, sounded like she spat out whatever she's drinking. "You would make him into a prostitute! You're so cruel!" She couldn't stop wheezing.

"It's not prostitution! He is an animatronic, and there are plenty of animatronic manufacturers who rent them out for parties."  

"But he's a robot with feelings," She says in a pouting tone. 

"He's a freeloader that does nothing but complain. Besides, he's smart enough to know how to not burn down the house." You state plainly. Alyssa just hums in response. 

You notice a truck close behind you, but it slows down some and falls behind again. The gps notifies you to get off on the next exit. You spend the next thirty minutes just having casual conversation with Alyssa until the navigation says you have arrived.

"Alright, it seems that I have to go now," You sigh, "I'll call you when I'm on my way home, hopefully with terrible good news."

She laughs, "It won't be that bad, worse case scenario you have to tell him that it's not going to work out. And if he does any funny business, call and I will bring the shovel!"