What is Needed Will Happen

"So what's bothering you?" Alyssa inquires, lightly bumping you with her elbow. You sigh and look up at the afternoon sky, shoulders sagging slightly.

"It's Moon, he's been gone for two days now," You respond meekly. "And I'm starting to get worried."

"You don't think he's out somewhere pouting do you?"

You give Alyssa a quizzical look. She watches the young couple at the fountain leave before answering. "I heard how angry you were when we talked over the phone the night before he vanished. I bet he had to have done something pretty stupid to get you so riled up."

You look down at the sidewalk. I may have gotten a bit carried away with my temper and said things in the heat of the moment, but Moon's too strong-willed. There's no way he would just up and leave... Right? Your heart aches with regret.

Alyssa slaps you on the back startling you. "C'mon cheer up my friend! He'll come crawling back, begging for mercy!" She says with a mischievous grin.

"I don't know," You sit down on the vacant park bench, not wanting to walk anymore.

"What exactly happened that night?" She peers at you curiously. You rest your head on your hands and close your eyes.

"I'll start from the beginning,"

◇▪︎◇▪︎◇▪︎◇▪︎◇

"MOON YOU ARE SO FUCKING DEAD!"

Moon dropped the frying pan he was trying to put away. He could sense the rage radiating from you, not that your yelling was enough of a clue. Hiding was always an option, but he wasn't in the best place for that since you would see him trying to flee. Guess I got no other choice.

You entered the kitchen, seething with anger. "Do you have any idea what you've done?" You hissed between clenched teeth. The last thing you both needed was the cops showing up for domestic disturbance, that would be a fun one to explain. "How the hell were you able to set up a credit card, and when, dare I ask, did you plan on telling me about it!"

"..."

"I demand some answers Moon."

He averted his gaze, suddenly finding the floor quite intriguing. The intense anger boiled inside you, threatening to burst and scream like the flaming tea kettle you are. He fiddled with his wrist ribbons.

"I can explain-" He muttered guiltily.

"Okay, explain to me how you managed to max out a four thousand dollar credit limit within a month. And I also want to know what information you used to even set up the account in the first place."

Moon hesitated a moment, choosing his next words wisely. "I... I needed to get some things." Your eyes narrow a fraction. If Moon could sweat right now it'd be in bullets. "I didn't want to bother you with it so I looked on the internet..."

"Did you ever stop to think that free money was suspicious? Why else do you think that they wanted my information? And while we're on that subject, how did you get any of the information to even qualify for a credit card?!"

"You shouldn't make your safe's pin so easy to guess." He muttered, pupils just barely locked onto yours before falling back to the floor. Big mistake.

You attempt to calm yourself, taking slow breaths in and out, but your erratic heart and the rush of adrenaline made it difficult. The calm facade crumbling away.