A Lesson in Therapy

"I have done lost my mind." You stare out the window pointedly. 

"You are a mental case." Moon says while flipping through one of your many 'LIFE' magazines. You shoot him a glare and stick out your tongue like a child. He awarded you with a bored look of his own.

"What? You said it yourself."

"That doesn't mean that you should agree with me." You turn your gaze back to the window and cross your arms. 

So funny story, after you and Moon made up, You promised to go to therapy and try to get a handle on your short fuse. Your temper has been an obvious issue for many years now; But recent events have shown that it has become a problem needing addressed. 

You turn on your heel and plop down on the chair across from him. He gives you a slight glance up from the magazine. "Whatever you're thinking so hard about, please stop. The room is starting to smell." 

It took all the willpower you had to not do anything rash. "I'm just trying to figure out the best path to take here, Moon." You take the laptop off the table and open it up in your lap, revealing the multitude of tabs open in the web browser, most were articles like 'Best Doctors for Emotional Problems Near You' and 'Take This Online Test to Figure Out What's Wrong With You!'.

"I just don't want you to stress out about something like this, Stardust. It just seems so counter productive." His eyes hold a glint of concern. And it just makes me feel bad since you're doing it for my sake, Moon thought.

"I guess I could just try and work on it myself." You shrug and close the laptop with a click. The old faded sticker of a cartoon robot stared back at you with intensity.  A weird feeling caused you to look up at Moon who happened to also be staring at you intensely, and for some reason, you quickly looked away with a faint blush. Why, you ask? Well obviously you didn't know the reason either. "Or maybe I can ask Alyssa if her mom would have any recommendations, since she is in a similar line of work."

Moon hums softly in response, flicking through a few more glossy pages of your outdated magazine. You lay back and close  your eyes, the blanket of comfortable silence over takes your mind and quiets all racing thoughts.

The peaceful hypnosis muffled the sound of any shifting movement; luring in a false sense of security. Until abrubtly interuppted by something cold and sharp poking your cheek. The haze being disrupted so suddenly had startled you so bad that you had thrown yourself off the chair with a pitiful screech and right on to your back, losing all the oxygen in your lungs. 

"Ooowww," you wheezed out a groan of pain and struggle to get up, squirming a little before your tired ass gave up and decided to become one with the floor.

"What are you doing?" Moon teased with a raised brow. 

"i have become one with the floor." You grumble as you flatten out into a starfish.

Moon snorts out a laugh that he tried (and failed) to hold in; The chair trembles under the animatronic's weight as he leans on it for support. His actions made your heart flutter and face burn accompanied by an emotion you're not familiar with. It seems like satying on the floor is the safest option for the moment while Moon takes some time to calm himself.

After a few breathing exercises, Moon had successfully contained himself enough to pick you up off the floor, but didn't place you back on the chair. "You okay?" His face was in close proximity to yours as he held you.

You try to clear your throat of the embarrassment and speak, but nothing came out so you just nodded instead. He's so close! What do I do?! You panicked internally as you feel your side pressing against cool metal.

"You sure you're okay?" He looks at you with concern. It seems that he noticed the panic in your eyes, but doesn't know the cause. But since you just stare at him with no response, he has no choice but to figure it out on his own. Did I break her or something?