It Takes One Call to Ruin it All

It's been almost a week since the date incident.

You're in the kitchen washing dishes from last night. You figured Moon would've done them but he seems to be spending more time watching you sleep than usual. Creepy perv bot, you thought while harshly scrubbing at the plate in your hand. Usually he spends most of the night cleaning-- well, after you fall asleep that is. You hear a faint jingle behind you.

"At this rate you'll scrub a hole on it." He says with that judging look of his. You just roll your eyes and rinse off the soap before gently setting it down in the dish strainer. "Didn't you say there was an important project you had to work on yesterday? I haven't seen you enter the workshop once today." Actually, the only thing Moon can recall you doing was getting up, making food, and sitting on the couch. It's been that same routine since the date, and it's starting to drive him crazy. You think he's just mad cause he can't watch his shows in the evening.

"It's just fixing up some old computer for Mr. Harper. He should just junk the old thing, it's ancient. I told him it will just keep braking down and costs more than it's worth at this point." You pick up the frying pan to wash, but Moon gently takes it from you. He says something about you washing them too slow. Good thing he's waterproof, or else he would cost more than he's worth. Though he does push the limits sometimes.

"You should still go and put some effort in on it Stardust. He is paying you after all." He states plainly. You know he has a point, but you honestly just don't feel up to it. You want nothing more than to waste away on the couch. Moon probably thinks I'm really pathetic right now. You look down at the floor, but then you feel a sudden surge of emotion. I really need to stop moping around, it really is unbecoming of such a strong and independent woman such as myself! You bring your hands up to your face and slap yourself-- not too hard -- a couple times.

"Alright! I can get over this!" You pump your fist in the air with sudden confidence, earning a weird look from Moon. "You got this, right Moon Man?" You ask, lightly papping him on the shoulder with enthusiasm.

"Since when did I become your maid?" He grumbles.

"Ever since you started living here rent free." You reply mockingly, a genuine smile finally appearing.

"Whatever." He says with a smirk that he couldn't contain. Your depressed attitude was really putting a damper on his mood so he was quite happy with the improvement. Moon watches you scamper away, through the living room towards the workshop. 

You spend a few hours carefully disassembling the old clunker of a computer, trying to avoid disrupting anything unnecessarily. Moon even popped in for a minute to drop off a sandwich, but stayed a while to watch you work. 

After you make a few calls to locate the components you need to fix it you decide to finally play one of your favorite games. Meal Planning.

-- oh sweet sarcasm --

Planning out meals for the next week was always absolute hell for you. Especially with health bot Mr. Moon around. I still don't understand why he keeps dumping  milk down the drain. You sigh and log off your computer, leaving the workshop. "TV time!" 

You're sitting on the couch just enjoying some Game of Thrones, completely absorbed in the show, when suddenly your phone starts ringing. The caller ID was some number you didn't recognize so you pick up with a polite 'Hello'.

"Hello, is this the right number for Mr. Moon?" A female voice questioned.

"Y-Yes, this is the correct number. He's my roommate." You respond cautiously. This call is kinda suspicious, Who is this woman? And why is she asking for Moon? 

"Oh good. I just wanted to inform him that his credit card has reached its max and his payments are due soon. If he doesn't pay them within-"

"HE DID WHAT!?" You yell, stricken with anger and the wrath equivalent to a god's. The lady on the line goes into a fearful silence. "Oh I'm sorry!" You apologize quickly. "Thank you for letting me know. The guy is a complete deadbeat and depends on me financially, so I'm a bit horrified to know that there was a credit card open without my knowledge. You have a wonderful day!" You hung up immediately. "MOON! YOU ARE SO FUCKING DEAD!"