Chapter 4

The whole night I dreamed about Trent. When I Woke up I could see the other girls giggling and laughing. I sat up from my bed and stretched my back and yawned.

"Morning Deryn." Beth said all cheerfully.
"God Beth I envy you." I say without thinking "your always so positive when it comes to this competition."
"Aw thanks." She says and blushes.
"So how did your date with Trent go last night?" Anne Maria jokes.
"Whoa, you went out with Trent?" Gwen asks, surprised.
"I didn't go out with him, we just walked around and talked." I reassured Gwen. I mean he was her ex boyfriend, and they're still great friends, so this would be really weird. Pretty soon a sack of slop is thrown into our cabins by Chef Hatchet. The other girls groan and hop out of bed. I do the same and soon we hear the boys knocking on our door.

"Give us some food!" Harold yells.
"Maybe if we feel like it!" Anne Maria yells back to them.
"Well can one of you please tell Deryn that I would like my shirt back." Alejandro adds and the girls turn to me.
"How did you get Ale-hunkdro's shirt?" Anne Maria asks me.
"He gave it to me last night because I was cold."
"You know he's begging for you to be in an alliance with him?" Gwen asks and I nod.
"Hey is that his shirt now that you're wearing?" Beth asks really loudly, but she doesn't mean it.
"Oh wow Al, always flirting with all the girls." We can hear Heather yell from the other cabin. She must've heard us, and she was MAD. Soon I can hear our annoying host on the loudspeaker.

"Everyone to the Entrance, and I mean everyone." We all grown and get dressed or the day. When we meet up with our make teammates I give Alejandro his shirt back and he slips it back on. I think he got tired of just wearing an undershirt for an entire night.
"So did you get cold last night?" I ask him.
"Not really, my Latin blood didn't allowed it."
"So, why did you come back? You obviously hate Chris."
"Well besides the money, I really don't know. I thought maybe I could give Heather a second chance, but now that you're here, my whole world revolves around you." He says and then he walks off, going to bug Heather. I can feel this other presence next to me and I look to my left expecting Trent, Duncan, maybe even one of the girl members in my team. However it's Samey.

"Hey Deryn can I talk to you?"
"Sure, what do you want Sammy?"
"Well- wait did you actually call me Sammy and not Samey?"
"Yeah? Did I pronounce your name wrong?"
"No Sammy is actually my real name, best because of Amy, she always tells people that that is my name."
"Wow. I knew she was harsh, but how can she be so self centered?"
"I don't know."
"So what is it you were going to ask me?"
"Uh I was going to ask about Marco. I don't know if he likes me because he is always so nice to all the other girls on our team."
"Do you like him?"
"Maybe, ok I like him a lot."
"You know I've always seen Marco look differently at you then he does at any other girl. You're special to him, trust me on that."
"Ok, thanks Deryn!" She says and hugs me. After that she runs back to re team and then Noah calls me over.

"Psst Deryn!"
"Yah Noah?"
"Can you come over hear?"
"Sure. What's up?"
"Listen about last night, you were um-" he begins but then looks at the camera. I turn to the camera man and growl. He whimpers and goes to film Alejandro flirting with Heather to make her mad.
"What is it Noah?"
"This isn't easy for me. See ever since I was little I knew I was different than the other boys. I mean sure I loved to read, many people do, but the way I began to talk, I suddenly realized I was getting flustered around boys and beginning to even have crushes on them."
"So when last night when I thought you were gay, I was right?" He saids and nods. I smile and begin to lose shirt of breath. I've only met one other gay person in my life, and that's my older brother, James. Soon Cody comes over to us.

"So watch a guys talking about?" Cody asks.
"Nothing, like its so obvi." Noah states and rolls his eyes, God he is GAY.
"Um yeah I don't like believe you." Cody says and puts his hands on his hip. OMG Cody was rubbing off from Noah.
"Well it doesn't like matter now, so like yeah."
"Whateve" I literally stared in amazement. Cody and Noah just sassed each other completely. I saw the confessional and walked up to it and knocked. Courtney walked out of it and I went inside and sat down.

"Is it just me or is Cody becoming gay?" I say and then walk out and Noah zips in. I listen to what he was saying.
"OMG Cody just told me he likes boys! Agh I KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!" I giggle and catch up to my team.

"Do what did Samey want?" Harold asked.
"Just girl stuff."
"It was probably about her make out session with Marco." Duncan says to him.
"Oh like you know anything about that Duncan." Gwen says and rolls her eyes.
"Says the girl who made out with me." He replies and she goes speechless.
"Look you two, we all know you still are hot for each other, just get back together already!" Beth yells and Gwen tries to laugh it off, while Duncan just is smiling at her.
"Pervert." She whispers under her breath. He blows her a kiss and she blushes.
"OMG it's like Heather and Alejandro all over again." Trent murmured to me.
"Yeah, except that they actually put up with more crap then Heather and Alejandro did."
"Yeah, tell me about it." He says and stares off. OMG I'm so stupid, he still is hot for her, and she obviously likes Duncan. I swore if I ever came on this show that I would tell Trent off for dissing my brother, but now that I'm actually here, it's different. All I want to do is spend times with Trent, forgetting that I made a deal with Chris to watch over my big bro.

When we reach the entrance, Chris gets us on a big school bus. I sit by the aisle in the back with Trent by my side. Gwen was counting on Courtney on sitting next to her, but Duncan plopped down last minute.

"You're doing this to spite me aren't you?" She asked him.
"No, actually I just miss the old days when you and I were out having fun. There was no tension, we didn't have to worry about impressing each other. We we're just friends." He tells her and she looks surprised. I think we all were.
"Hey look the D-man is being all soft." Chris yells and everyone on the bus turns to him and laughs except our team. Gwen just blushes and covers her mouth with her hands. After Chef starts the bus, they begin to talk. I look at Gwen, she's smiling and laughing.

She was actually happy.