Chapter 6

A couple days go by and I've been only spending time with four people. Trent, Alejandro, Noah, and Sammy. I mean Noah is my GBF, Sammy is probably my best girl friend in the entire cast, and Alejandro is always flirting with me. However, I can't understand why I'm constantly hanging with Trent. He's the type of guy I hated at home, but here in the game, he's actually sane. I guess at home I was so used to sane people but now it's like a gift from God if someone is sane in the game.

Chris shows us where the pool was and we always hop in for a swim. Heather always tans with Amy and Anne Maria, Beth also sits with them to look cool. Usually Gwen, Courtney, and Leshawna sit on the pools edge and talk. They're on completely different teams, but they're still great friends. I admire them for that. I usually sit in by the pool side with Sammy and Trent. Alejandro is usually swimming with DJ, Duncan, Owen, Marco, and the other boys. Noah just sits in the chairs behind us, reading.

One day we're all by the pool side when Chris comes up and tells us our challenge is gong to be here at the pool.
"Good day campers! I hope you all love a good game of volleyball, because today you'll be competing against each other in volleyball. There will be three rounds. Round one is for Team Thunderstorm and Team Conquistadors. You'll be competing head to head. The team that wins automatically goes to the finale. Then the losing team will go against Team Iron Dictators. The winner of that will go in the second spot int he finals. And go!

So while my team sits out, I watch the two teams play and I see Jo and Lightning are paying they're hardest. Leshawna's is working pretty hard too, but I notice that Cameron is struggling.

"C'mon Cam!" I yell to him. "You can do it!"
"Yea go Cameron!" Gwen yells. I almost forgot that she was great friends with Cameron. We see the two teams battle it out, but Team Thunderstorm barley wins. Lightning cheers and celebrates himself while Scott grabbed Courtney and hugged her. She giggled.

"Scott!"
"WE WON YEAAAA!" He yells and she kisses him on the cheek. He blushes and he sinks into the pool. Jasmine rescues him and we all burst out laughing.
"I forgot Courtney started dating Scott." Trent whispered to me.
"Did you miss out of all of Season 5?"
"Pretty much,mI only saw episodes that wouldn't kill me."
"So when Duncan got eliminated and on?"
"How did you know?"
"It's kinda obvious you still like her." I say and I sigh. It bothered that he still liked her when we have so many connections.
"I don't really like her anymore, it's just I'm still really surprised that she and Duncan were a thing. I mean it was my ex and my enemy." He tries to explain and I stare off.
"I get, you were surprised." I say sadly and soon Alejandro pulls me away, making it only us.
"Deryn I have to tell you something."
"What? Someone's trying to vote me off?" I say annoyed. Right now I don't really want to be in this game anymore.
"No. I need to tell you that I've called it off with Heather."
"Why? You were so happy with her?"
"She was always tricking me into doing stuff for her that will humiliate me. She's so self centered. When I told you all that stuff, I meant it. It wasn't just to form an alliance with you." He says and soon it gets awkward.
"Oh screw it!" I say and pull him in for a kiss. His lips taste so good, and feel just right on mine. He runs his fingers through my hair and then holds me by the waist. My hands are behind his neck, my arms on his shoulders. All of the sudden we hear this scream and another sound that sounds like a camera taking a photo. We break and its the entire cast that's still in the game. I blush deeply and bury my face into Alejandro's muscled chest. His heart is beating really fast, and I can feel him breathing on me.

"What are you guys doing here?" He asks nervously.
"What are you doing with her?" Duncan says and cracks his knuckles.
"Um, nothing." Alejandro says, even more nervous. I get the courage to look at the people staring at us. Most people don't care but Heather's face is cherry red, and maybe steam is coming out of her ears. I start searching and Duncan is being held by DJ and Owen, and Gwen's trying to calm him down. I keep looking around at the crowd and I see mostly bored or surprised faces. Until I see Trent. He's full blown shocked. His mouth is wide open and he looks like he got put into a coma. I let go of Alejandro's embrace and run.

I don't bother looking back, it's useless. I'm just not meant to be loved by anyone. I run into the cabins, and rush to my bunk to find a letter. I climb to the top and grab he note. It was from Trent.

"Dear Deryn,
Ok I just have to get this off my chest. The second I saw you that you were the one. And yes it may seem like I have a crush on Gwen, my heart only beats for you.
Love Trent."

Great now I feel terrible. Trent loved me and he saw me kiss Alejandro. I threw the note down on the foot and sobbed my eyes out. I did until my tears were no more, then I heard this knocking on the cabin door.

"Uh Deryn?" (Bleep) it's Trent.
"Yea?" I whisper but he somehow hears me.
"Can I come in?"
"Sure." I whisper again. Soon the door flies open and he sees my body on my bunk. He climbs up the ladder and tries to comfort me. "Can you come closer?" I manage to say. He looks confused, but does as I ask. I roll on top of my back, and he's shocked. So am I, he's on top of me. I stare into those eyes, those grass green eyes with peace are gone now. There just emerald green eyes that are broken.
"Did you get you get my note?" He asks me and I nod. We stay like that for a couple awkward moments then all of the sudden I grab his collar on his shirt and pull him in to kiss me. He's stunned, I know this because when we break, his eyes are shocked.
"What the heck?" He asks me. "I thought you liked Alejandro."
"It's complicated. What I do know is that in the end, you'll be the one who stays and Alejandro is going to leave." And we kissed again.
"You think you can go back out there?" He asks me.
"Sure, they put us through Hell everyday, what's the difference from now?" I say and we hop out of my bunk and head back to the pool to face Team Thunderstorm and the rest of the campers.