Entite Chapter 14

Chapter: 14

Mira awoke to the strangest sounds she'd ever heard emanating from somewhere within the manner. She was still groggy, though she had a feeling she had been asleep for a long time.

Whatever these sounds were, they caused a chill to run up her spine. She stood slowly and made her way to the door but paused briefly to turn back and grab a sword that hung on her bedroom wall. She used it for decoration, but like all weapons in this house it was sharp enough that it would do the job. Whatever the job was. It was still dark out, but she could see the sky starting to pinken ever so slightly.

Her footsteps were slow and cautious at first as she tiptoed through the manor trying to pinpoint the source of the sound. She broke into a run when she realized the sound was coming from her grandfather's room. She started to burst through the door, but her training taught caution. Readying her weapon in her right hand she reached for the handle with her left and turned it slowly.

She didn't know if it was the fact she was Entite, or if it was all her training but she was able to take in a situation fairly quickly. The scene in front of her was utterly, completely, bewildering, and her fear quickly turned to terror.

She saw her grandfather laying on his bed. The sounds, whatever they were, were emanating from him as he writhed on his bed. On his chest, clearly restraining him, or attempting to was Fenton. Standing at his head, doing, she wasn't sure what, was James. He was completely covered, saturated with blood.

Without her brain sending the order, her hold on the sword relaxed and the blade slipped from her hand, nicking the meat just under her thumb before clattering noisily on the hallway floor.

All three of the people in the room froze completely, and all their eyes turned on her. Fenton's went wide with concern. It was hard to tell what look was on James's face. Then her eyes locked on her grandfather, and his eyes locked on her, then went to her hand.

Her eyes followed to see the blood trickling slowly down her palm and wrist. Then Jacob flung Fenton to the other side of the room as if he weighed no more than a child and leapt off the bed right for her. His teeth are chomping. He was snarling like a wild rabid animal.

"Jacob no!" James ran forward with a speed she'd never seen him achieve and managed to get a hold of her grandfather's arm and fling him back into the room so hard that he flew into the back wall hitting it with a sickening crack that clearly would have shattered his back if he had been a human. He then rushed toward her ducking to grab the discarded sword before flinging her protectively behind his back.

The hit must have dazed her grandfather because he was stunned enough for Fenton to be able to rush forward and slam the door shut in their faces. "Go! I can handle him."

"Uncle." James said clearly worried.

"I said go!" He yelled right before there was a thudding into the wall causing the door to rattle. James grabbed her arm and started to pull her down the hallway away from the door and back toward her room.

...

James paused just outside her door and set the sword down against the wall before he grabbed her hand to examine the cut. He used his sleeve to gently wipe the blood away. Already it was healing, barely a scratch.

She was a sight to see that was for sure. Her hair was a mess, her eyes were wide in shock and confusion, and he was pretty sure she was completely unaware of the fact that she wasn't wearing any pants. She looked up into his eyes and he placed his hand on her cheek.

He opened his mouth to tell her everything was going to be okay when he heard someone saying her name. She blinked and turned as if the sound pulled her out of whatever trance she'd been in.