3

Hazel eyes from a beautiful boy slowly fluttered open to a yellow light room, the feeling of cotton sheets meddling the boy's skin as the sounds of rain falling echoed from his window. Cotton sheets had always made the boy feel safe whilst the others he had tried, like silk, satin, and even home-knitted from his grandmother, always made him feel like he was being swallowed. The hazel-eyed boy's brain always paid attention to little things like that and while everything was as he liked it something always seemed to make his brain freak out.

  "You bouta' be late for school." Said a girl who was putting the finishing touches to her makeup in her brother's mirror because it had the 'fancy lights'. She didn't wear much so the makeup she did wear she wanted to be undiscoverable.

"Well good morning to you too sis." The hazel-eyed boy said sarcastically as he stood up straight and stretched then started to make his bed.

"Seriously Izaac you got like 5 minutes and I'm leaving. I have an early meeting for the game today." The girl alerted again while grabbing her keys and walking out of the room.

Izaac yawned a reply and walked to the same mirror his sister was at and pulled off his bonnet letting mid-length locs fall down his face and shoulders. His father hated his son's locks but tolerated them only if the boy kept them looking neat and fresh 24/7. Meaning he got re-twist done often and did a lot of research on his hair type for the best ways to keep them healthy while keeping his loc'd neat. While his sister had her braided in singles at the moment but unlike Izzac she had multiple options like a twist out or having her hair straightened occasionally which all suited her very well.

He soon changed and went to his and his sister's shared bathroom that connected both of their rooms washed his face and brushed his teeth. Opening his medicine cabinet he took out an orange bottle and quickly dry swallowing two pills. Walking out of the bathroom he headed to his drawer. All of his clothes were neatly folded and placed in order based on the folded size. Izzac was never a fan of clutter which showed in many ways as for the subject now, how tidy his room was.

After the hazel-eyed boy got dressed he hurried out of his room with his keys throwing his satchel bookbag over one of his shoulders as he hopped down his stairs.

"Well look who finally decided to wake up." Izaac's sister stated while standing up and tossing the hazel-eyed boy a granola bar.

"Eat that cuz we aren't stopping and I know you don't like their school breakfast meals. Plus I fed your stupid cat." Isabela looked at her brother from the side of her eye to see if he showed any form of irritation because she knew how he felt about sudden decisions.

  Isabela sighed as the hazel-eyed boy made no face but instead bent down to pet his snow-white cat named Snow who was now walking over his feet.

"Aw Isabel, you actually care for your dear old twin," Izaac smirked to add to the fake gush that came from his words following his sister out of the door and locking it swiftly.

"Of course I do and you know we can't have you passing out in school because that would ruin the.."

The two paused and locked eyes.

"Lovejoy family reputation." The twins mocked together with a roll of their eyes as they hopped into their shared jeep.

Long ago Izaac and Isabel's infamous very great-grandfather ran to be the first black mayor of their small town in Kansas. Many people were very much against this but even more wanted change in their home town. Therefore causing him to win against the last family that ran the city, The Valentines. While the Valentines could have always run right after the Lovejoy's term was up they never did, it was like an unspoken rule built on shame.

The Valentine's tried to beat them for years on end until Izaac and Isabel's grandfather ran with no sight of the Valentines. Ever since that year they never showed up to run again.

So as you would guess the Lovejoys were awfully known in this small town of Loosh-Mount, Kansas. The Lovejoy's seemed to have run the city politically and to the general public eye it was also as if they owned the city from how much they donated to everything there but that was very far from the truth. Most people in their community loved them and most looked up to them or wanted to be them but Lovejoy's kind loving spirit died out generations ago. Now it's all just an act, as was the money seeing as though it wasn't theirs.

  The people whose money it was were easily taking over the whole town. Finding out what the Mayor had spent on declaring ownership over all of it but still, it just wasn't enough for them. They were getting bored of just racking up how much they owned in the city.