II

A girl sat by the large window, sipping on her cup of tea. The sun shone brightly in the big blue sky, with not a cloud in sight. She watches a family of 3 as they sit outside in the beautiful weather having what seems to be a picnic.

The woman stares at the little girl beside her lovingly, their similar golden hair reflects the sunlight, causing the illusion of them shining.

The man in the group watches the little girl as well, a content look on his face as she laughs, producing a loud, sweet sound that could be heard faintly from the second floor Olivia was residing on, a joyous look in her sky blue eyes.

She has also joined the trend and watched the beautiful family with a disinterested look in her big dark blue eyes.

Estelle, obviously not seeing this and thinking she felt left out and abandoned, tried to divert her attention elsewhere and hopefully distract her from the 3 enjoying their time outside.

"M-my lady! It's time to take your medicine and after we can read a book or practice numbers, yeah?" Estelle said cautiously with a wary smile. Olivia turned her head sharply—obviously startled by the sudden noise, the ponytail her dark brown hair was neatly thrown up into bounced with the sudden movement.

"Oh, Estelle, I didn't hear you come in," Olivia said, surprise in her childish voice, "Sure, I'm coming right now."

It's been a few years since Olivia had arrived in this god-awful world, nothing much had happened except being diagnosed with Magic Deficiency 3 years ago. No one had told her how painful and annoying being disease-ridden would be, she couldn't do much physical activity for long without feeling nauseous or just passing out completely and ending up with a fever for a few days.

The worst it'd ever been was around two years ago, Ophelia, this world's Olivia's younger sister, was just born. The servants were all occupied with her, paying much more attention to the second daughter than they ever did to her because she had the duchess's favor. Being the stubborn person she was, Olivia didn't ask for anyone's help when carrying some heavy books from the library to her room.

It was way too much pressure on her tiny, delicate body. She ended up coughing up blood and had a high fever for more than a week, she was in a lot of pain. Her parents never visited her, it had shown her just how neglectful Olivia's parents truly were. Estelle had come to take care of her now and then but even she could barely come because everyone was so preoccupied with the new baby.

It'd ticked Olivia off how forgotten and thrown away she was at such a young age, she'd felt a little sorry for the original owner of the body she was in. After that incident, Estelle never let her walk around for very long or carry heavy objects by herself anymore.

Another reason why she wanted to get close with the 2 main leads, if she could get them to submit to her every will she'd never have to do anything for herself again!

She'd chosen these two because, one, they'd be easy to get along with. They were abandoned and left to fend for themselves at a very young age, so once she shows them a little attention and care they won't be able to get enough! And she'll be able to live out the rest of her life peacefully with her lackeys to take care of everything for her. The second reason she wanted these two, in particular, was because in the novel they followed whatever the female lead did. If she didn't like a person neither did they, if she liked the color pink so did they, if she wanted to burn down an orphanage with the children still locked inside and watch the world crumble from the inside out they supported her wholeheartedly.

They had never betrayed her for anybody or anything either, so they'd be immune to her dear younger sister's charms who would sooner or later become a problem.

In the novel, it was mentioned how Ophelia would ridicule Olivia for not being loved by their family. Ophelia was said to be a really sweet girl, and she was. In the eyes of the protagonist. Ophelia was a close friend of Angelica in the novel, she was the first person Angelica had met and bonded with after moving to a foreign country. Ophelia had never done anything particularly bad, except make her sister's life miserable whenever they crossed paths and Olivia (sort of) understood why.

Ophelia grew up with everyone's love and attention so when she saw her sister and how she was treated, especially by their parents, she couldn't come up with any reason why she would be hated except that there must be something wrong with her. She just had some really bad role models.

So instead of waiting around to be abused, she was planning her insurance policy. The main leads would protect her and keep her company in the meantime.

The only problem with her foolproof plan was that she'd completely forgotten where to find them.

She remembers reading about it briefly but she was so consumed by rage with every sentence she continued to lay eyes on that she'd completely blacked out and now can't recall anything from chapters 6 to 21.

Olivia was sitting at the bay window in her room, looking out into the wilderness when suddenly she remembered something.

The antagonist was some big-shot mage. He was discovered to have immense levels of magic power and was a child prodigy. He could learn and remember something after only seeing it one time. While this excited some, it strikes fear into most people including the royal family and higher-up mages.

So to keep him at bay and try to get him to submit to their will, they locked him up in a tower at a young age.

'The forest!!'

Olivia knew where she'd find her first victim.