IX

Olivia stood looking at herself in the mirror, space buns tied with silk, white ribbons at bottom of her head while two strands of hair framed her face. Matching her ribbons, she wore a white light tea-length, v-line lace tulle dress with matching white flowers lining her collar and scattered around the skirt.

She fidgeted with one of the flowers petals, dreading and denying the reality that soon she'd have to ride in that torturous, suffocating horse drawn box.

Her and the Auclairs would be leaving for the capital soon. It didn't take much to convince her parents to leave for the capital as soon as she woke up—much to Estelle's dismay—, it seemed they were just as upset as her to have lost 2 days in their trip, and just as eager to get back on track. (Even though she was the one to suggest it it still irked Olivia how easily they complied, if she was any normal sick 5 year old this'd be horrible for her health)

She'd lost 3 days in her plan, she slept the first 2 and, considering she woke up half way through the third day, they had to wait out that one too.

A cold morning breeze caused Olivia to shiver when she walked out the double doors of the inn, it was quiet very few shop owners were the opening their shops, the sky was illuminated with a beautiful purple and orange dawn.

The duchess was ranting to her maid about something the maid remained indifferent while her mother had a look of annoyance on her face. Estelle was following Ophelia around as ran from one place to another having to catch her anytime she tripped over her own feet (which was quite a lot), she couldn't see the duke anywhere she assumed he either went on ahead or was coordinating something somewhere.

An hour later and they were finally ready to leave, Olivia stepped into the carriage with the help of Estelle who followed shortly after closing the door behind herself. Her mother and younger sister were riding in a separate carriage in front of them while her father rode on a horse with the knights.

She laid down on her side and closed her eyes, she planned to sleep through the ride to avoid the painful and uncomfortable ride that is sure to come, it'd be a few hours before they arrived anyway.

[][]

Olivia yawned, sat up then stretched, across from her she saw Estelle knitting something, the window was open letting in warm air as the curtains blew lightly the sweet smell of flowers and trees wafted in through, the sky outside was blue and clear as the sun shone brightly, the room's atmosphere seemed to have a dreamy haze to it Olivia pondered if she was truly awake for a brief second.

Snapping out of her hazy state Olivia realized they were on smooth road, meaning the carriage wasn't shaking 'Thank God' she'd thought.

Olivia leaned over and poked her out of the open window, the road below was wide she was relieved it wasn't like Noria—as she assumed they were on a main road—and the streets were bare with scarce people walking around. She watched as people walked into different buildings all different shapes, sizes and colors, a slated roofed boutique, a orange walled bakery, a cylinder shaped book store? Huh.

"We will be arriving soon My Lady." She turned her head towards Estelle's soft voice addressing her a sweet smile graced her face, Olivia starred dumbfounded as Estelle seemed to be—most literally, glowing under the sun light.

She snapped out of her stupor as her nanny's words finally registered. "Arriving? Arriving where?" She asked slightly confused.

"The estate." She smiled as if it was the normal thing in the world and turned back to her knitting project leaving Olivia even more confused then she was when the conversation started.

Looking back out the window she gazed at the beautiful sight in front of her, people smiling and children laughing, colorful large buildings, huge staircases and steep hills, flourishing plants and flowers. It was quite a sight to see and the place seemed huge.

Finally it hit her, Olivia was baffled in how she didn't realize it earlier. The place they had been traveling to for days and what Olivia was been anxiously awaiting for for months, the place this entire story takes place in.

They had finally arrived to the capital.