XXVI

THE RIDE TO the capital was, predictably, miserable.

Olivia nearly fell on her face stumbling out of the carriage in a rush. She hurriedly ran out of the blasphemous vehicle and gulped in deep breaths of air.

Lief's laugher resounded behind her as he hopped out of the carriage as well. He gave a few strong, encouraging pats on her back before informing he'd grab his luggage and meet her inside.

Olivia groaned and rightened herself. Students had began to congregate and chatter with their classmates outside the building the school would be residing in the remainder of the trip.

It was large, spanning about what would probably be three regular buildings, the windows going up four floors. It was made of cobblestone with triangular roofing and a large wooden porch with stairs leading to the opened double door entrance.

Olivia spotted Amos approaching her from the corner of her eye, poorly hidden amusement on his face.

She scowled as Amos stopped beside her, a bag thrown over his shoulder. He cleared his throat,

"Here, I brought your bag, take something to help with...whatever's going on with you." He pushed the brown leather bag into her chest.

"The rest of your stuff'll be brought to your room later, try not to pass out on your way up." He threw up a peace sign and turned back, heading the opposite direction.

Olivia huffed, turning her nose to the air, and spun around her heel. She immediately regretted it as the nauseous hit her full force, she doubled over and moaned in misery. Behind her she heard the traitorous cackles of a white haired wizard.

The interior of the inn reminded Olivia something of a ski lodge. It was bathed in a warm, yellowish orange light from the numerous candles, the light catching and reflecting off the large chandelier hanging from the high ceilings. The floor was some sort of dark hardwood carpeted by a blood red carpet.

Olivia leisurely made her way down to the reception desk where most the students had moved their groups in front of, observing the room lazily.

"Hey! Took you long enough." Lief grinned beside her, Olivia glanced to her side and sighed heavily,

"You didn't have to wait up for me." She said tiredly, her head was still spinning and she was much to exhausted from the ride here to be dealing with any of this right now.

Lief simply shrugged and crossed his arms behind his head, "Had nothin' better to do! And—oh!" Lief cut himself off and turned to Olivia excitedly, "We should room together!" He said with a boyish innocence.

Olivia grimaced at the thought, her nose wrinkling in reluctance. She could feel her sanity sizzling away at just the prospect.

"No." Amos' curt voice cut Olivia off before she could even open her mouth. His face was twisted in irritation and he came up behind Olivia, staring the younger boy down.

Lief whined and threw his head back, "Why not!" He pouted.

"Because I said so you little punk!" Amos' hand flicked and swung around and Lief was wiggling uselessly upside down in the air.

Lief continued to whine and Amos only adding fuel to the flames. Olivia sighed exhaustedly. When was it her turn to finally get a break.

When you're six feet under the Earth's soil, something in her mind helpfully whispered to her. Hopefully.

Olivia left to two boys behind to reserve a room for herself, she walked up to the reception desk and checked herself in before being handed a key and given a room.