DARE

summary: y/n is dared to ignore her boyfriend camilo for a day

her boyfriend camilo for a day

pronouns: she/her
requested by: Deadric_Diggory

enjoy <3

nobody's pov

it was a normal day in encanto. the sun was shining, the small town was bustling, and you were on your way to the casa madrigal. or more specifically: camilo madrigal.

on your way, you noticed that julietta's family was already out in the square. luisa helping with some wagons, isabela growing her new colorful and exotic plants, and julietta healing those who needed it with help from her husband. but mirabel—

"mirabel!" you cried. she had yanked you off the path and to the side with her. she frantically apologized and fixed her glasses. "i'm sorry! i'm sorry! i just wanted to catch you before camilo swept you away for the whole day."

"it's okay," you laughed a little, "what's up?"

"well actually.. dolores, luisa, isabela, and i were talking last night and we got into a disagreement."

you nodded and listened carefully.

"isabela and dolores think you couldnt last a day without talking to camilo, but luisa and i think you could. so we were wondering if you would except this dare just so we know who's right?"

truth be told, this was a lot to take in. you noticed she was doing that thing where she talks fast because she's nervous what you're going to say. she is daring me to ignore camilo for a day?  "mirabel.. he'll think i hate him."

"pretty please!! i need isabela to be wrong," she motioned that she was begging so you finally excepted her challenge. how bad could this possibly go?

"thank you camilo, now go. i'm sure you and y/n have plans," abuela smiled and motioned he could leave, and she continued tidying the remains of breakfast with help from casita.

"thank you, abuela." the boy did a little happy dance in his head and ran off to the town. all morning he was thinking of things you and him could do to pass time. i cant wait to see her, he thought.

as he approached the bustling town he shapeshifted to one of the tall villagers and searched for you. he spotted you with mirabel and shifted back to himself.

just as mirabel let you go, camilo ran up to you. he greeted you with a kiss on the cheek and a sweet, "good morning." but his sweet words felt like a punch in the stomach to you.