ANGRY CONFESSIONS

summary: in a jealous temper, camiloaccidentally confesses everything to y/n,not expecting her response

accidentally confesses everything to y/n,
not expecting her response.

pronouns: she/her
requested by: mineemel

authors note:
really short and simple :)

nobody's pov

camilo watched you from afar. there was another boy making you laugh and he hated it. he hated the way you smiled at the boy's probably-bad-jokes and he hated the way it was making him feel. camilo never really felt jealous before, but ever since he caught feeling for you, he felt it all the time.

though you may have not noticed, his sister dolores did. "hey cami," she gently gave him a hip bump and looked for a smile in return, but there wasn't one. he glanced at her though, and noticed her new boyfriend mariano was also there. he gave a cheesy smile to camilo.

meanwhile, you nodded and gave the fakest smile you could give. the boy talking to you just kept going on about himself, but you didn't want to be rude, so you stayed and 'laughed' at his jokes. when he looked away and finally stopped taking, it only lasted a few seconds. "why is that madrigal boy staring at us?"

you followed his gaze and saw camilo looking your way. just the sight of him turned your fake smile to a true one.

for a while now you've had feelings for camilo, but you told yourself it was just a silly crush. plus, you didn't want to ruin your friendship with him.

when camilo saw you looking he turned away instantly to his sister and mariano, and acted as though he was in a deep conversation. in his panic-y tone he asked, "what are they talking about dolores?"

she studied the sight of you and a boy, then studied the stressed and upset look on her brothers face. she understood quickly but decided to approach the situation differently than she normally would.
"no, cami, i'm sorry. i can't help you with this one."

"what? why not!"

"camilo—"

"you just need to take action, man!" mariano smiled and shouted rather loudly. he playfully punched camilos arm hoping for him to match his energy, but it just annoyed him more. "come on, you clearly like this girl! just tell her!"

camilo rolled his eyes and looked at you again. mariano continued, "telling dolores i liked her was the best decisi—"

"hey!" dolores laughed, "i'm the one who told you!"
the couple laughed and it make camilo feel worse. annoyed, he walked away abruptly and through the town to the outskirts of encanto.

he just wanted to be alone, but he was unaware he'd caught your eye. when you watched the scene unfold, you left the boy to mutter to himself and went to go find camilo.

"camilo! camilo, wait up!" you shouted, running to try and keep up with his speed waking.

"go back to flirting, y/n, i'm fine," he snapped and kept walking without facing you. he regretted saying that immediately, but you continued to chase him anyway.

"flirting?! is that what you thin-"

"forget it y/n."

"well i don't want to. i want to know what's wrong with you. i want to understand why you've been acting so differently recently. it's unlike you."

"unlike me?" his tone got serious, "it's like you never really see me. i'm standing right in front of you and you don't see me!"

you both stopped in your tracks and faced each other.

"what are you saying camilo-"

without much thinking, he blurted, "i love you y/n!"

"you- what?"

"i.. uh.." he panicked. for a few seconds it felt amazing to get that off his chest but now he was in panic mode. his head filled with anxiety at what you would think of him now.

you stood there and stared at him, trying to process the information. you looked at his eyes and thought of nothing else, other than the fact you wanted to let it all out too then run into his arms.

"please say something," camilo begged you, admiring your eyes just as much.

"i- i love you too" you replied, shocked that you found the courage to finally spit it out... leaving both of you smiling.

ty for reading!

authors note: i'm on a family vacation
this week so i may be a little inactive,
and i'm really sorry.

in the mean time, please send
me more requests! <3

published: jan 29