SICK PT. 2

summary: after two weeks, camilo andhis family felt a thousand times better

his family felt a thousand times better.
but y/n, .. not so much.
[ PART TWO TO 'SICK' ]

pronouns: she/her
requested by: sxisaac

authors note:
happy (probably) late valentine's day! for
all my fellow single people, just remember
that camilo is your valentine. 😉

also i wanted to mention how much seeing
comments makes me happy 😭 please
comment if you want to bc i LOVE reading them

nobody's pov

y/n has always hated being needy. she worried she was annoying the people around her, so she stopped entirely. no matter how much she yearned for comfort, affection, or someone to notice her, she would shove it inside and keep it locked up. it kept her strong but it kept her weak at the same time.

camilo didn't feel the same way at all. he was needy at times but he barely worried about it. he worried more when people around him needed him, and y/n admired that about him. yet, she refused to admit being sick.

.
.

it had been a week since the madrigals caught the sickness, every single one of them. it may have not been deadly, but it was miserable. alma wouldn't allow her family outside of casita, hoping to protect the people of encanto.

it took julietta a whole week to find a remedy for the sickness, and the second she did she fed it to her family and herself. they felt better immediately, of course, and everything returned to normal. for a week, everything was normal.

until one night, you woke up shivering. you added a blanket. an hour later, you woke up again and put on another. this happened two more times before you gave up and accepted the shivers.

by morning, you woke up in a sweat and felt a headache forming. any plans were forgotten and all you could think about was how much you hated this feeling.

this is why you were shocked at camilo's sudden burst in your room. and then it hit, our date.

he burst through your door with a wide smile. "rise and shine, amor!"

he noticed you were still in bed, so he stepped toward your window and opened your curtains to reveal the shining sun above.

you groaned at the sunlight and felt your head ache as if you were a vampire. i just want to go back to sleep, you thought, then reminisced what you had told camilo to do when he was sick.