♥️Two♥️

A few months later

A few months later.....

Thidia Kingdom

King Park was lying in bed; deep in thought. His head was hurting and then there was also the Great Winter Solstice Meeting to be held the next month. For the last five years, he was unable to get hold to the trophy with heavy competition from the Beasta Kingdom, the only Kingdom he dreaded. They suddenly seemed to grow much stronger than them and the benefits that they introduced were so ungraded that even King Park wasn't able to deny that, though he did wonder how they had come to this position in such a small span. And then, there was the prophecy...

Just thinking about it made his legs feel jelly. His headache was becoming even more now as if his whole being was being controlled by some evil aura. His unruly thoughts were however soon drowned by some tremendous chaos outside. Many voices seemed to be talking at once as if something bad had happened. Among this chaos, he heard only one word—Queen. 

Sure that something had happened, he got out of bed in a hurry.

"Your Highness..?" a voice called out. He looked in that direction.

Chanyeol:- Yes Minister, what happened? You look tense.

Soobin:- Yes your highness. The physician has come. The Queen might deliver today so you are wanted there. Thats what I've come to say. 

He bowed and left.

King Park was relieved to hear that nothing bad has happened to the Queen as he had feared would. He followed Soobin to the physician. The physician wanted two attendees to be with him and the King called two maids who went to the room to help the Queen deliver. He paced up and down outside the room while everything was surprisingly quiet. 

After sometime though, he heard his wife screaming in pain as the physician and the two maids attended to her. Her blood curling screams were sending shivers down his spine. He wasn't able to take all that in that his only Queen, whom he had ever loved so dearly, was suffering so much pain. But the pain was worth to be taken. Otherwise, who would bear all the kingdom's responsibilities when he gets old. In that way, he assured himself. He closed his eyes and after a minute or two, instead of his wife's painful sounds, he heard a different sound—that of a baby crying, his own child.

The physician came out of the room with a smile. King Park nodded at him.

Physician:- Congratulation your highness. You have been blessed with a boy child. May he be as wise and powerful as you are. 

King Park beamed at his words

King Park beamed at his words. He was happy beyond words and was just starting to go to meet the Queen and his child in the room, but the physician stopped him.

Physician:- Your highness, I know you are anxious to meet them. But for now, I suggest that you should let the Queen have some time alone with the child before you meet her. She has become a little weak but I've given some medicines and she would be alright later. For now, let her rest. 

Chanyeol:- Oh right. My mistake sir. Thank you.

Physician:- I'm leaving now. You can call me if you need some help.

The physician left. King Park breathed a sigh of relief as he left for his room.

But at the same time, a completely different scenario was taking place in their rival kingdom. When King Jeon came to know that his Queen had delivered, he was in high spirits. He went to greet his child who he was sure would be a boy. When he was just outside the room, the physician came out. King Jeon shaked his hands happily and uttered a few words about how he was overjoyed to be a father. But.. What was happening? The physician looked utterly dejected and wouldn't look at his eyes.  King Jeon couldn't understand why he was so unhappy. Suddenly there was great silence between them; the silence itself seemed to be woven in sheets of great catastrophe.

Syehun:- W-w-what happened s-sir? 

The physician tried to say something but failed. King Jeon didn't understand what was it all about.

Physician:- Yy-youurr..highn-ness..I-I..m-mean..I..

Syehun:- Yes sir. Tell me what is it? Is my child alright?

The pressure on the room became very tense. King Jeon could feel his blood rush through his veins in an unruly manner, even his heartbeat felt faster than ever before. Finally the physician took a deep breath.

Physician:- Your highness. Promise me that whatever I'm going to say next will be accepted by you as it is and nobody will be blamed for it. 

Syehun:- As you wish sir. 

The physician took a deep breath as if struggling with his conscience to say something horrible. Again followed the same deathly silence as before. The physician put his hand on King Jeon's shoulder. 

 King Jeon tensed. 

He was almost certain that whatever the physician was going to say next would give him endless pain. 

In a almost a choking kind of voice; which was barely a whisper, the physician said, "It-It's a girl."

How's the chapter?

Love you ✨✨

BORAHAE 💜💜💜