2

(Present Day; 3rd POV)

A yawn escaped (Y/N)'s mouth as he stretched and made his way towards the kitchen to help his mama make breakfast."Buenos dias, Mami." The woman smiled at the early riser. "Buenos dias, mijo. Sleep well?" she asked, turning back to the areaps. "Yup, til Casita threw me out of bed." The shutters open and shut, similar to someone laughing. "You're not sorry in the slightest, are you?" you deadpanned, as you snuck a huevos pericos.

"When you finish that, why don't you help me with the calentado. Everyone will be up soon, and we need to get ready for Antonio's ceremony tonight." Julieta then turned back to the tamales. You swallowed and dusted your hands off and listened as your youngest hermana, Mirabel slid down the stairs with a cheery, "Morning, Abuelo!" She ran off to catch the plates, missing one. "Oh!" "I got it!" The oldest Madgrial grandson caught the plate with a grin. "Careful, Mira." "Thanks, (Y/N)."

"Hey! When's the magic Gift happening?" called a kid who had access to WAYY too much coffee. "My cousin's ceremony is tonight." Mirabel replied, setting half of the table as you did the rest.

"What's his Gift?" asked a little girl. "We're gonna find out, ninos!" (Y/N) waved, walking away, to find his mama.

"What's your Gift?" asked the boy again. "Who's asking?" Mirabel asked, playfully eyeing the kids with a suspicious eyebrow.

"US!" The three made faces back, their grins ruining their mock anger.

"Well, 'us', I can't just talk about myself. I'm only part of the amazing Madrigals."

"Who's all the amazing Madrigals?!" They screamed.

Mirabel playfully rolled her eyes, "Ah, you're not gonna leave me alone, are ya? Casita! Help me out!" With that, the teen burst into song.

"Drawers!"

"Floors!"

"Doors! Let's go!"

The magical house began glowing and moving in rhythm.

"This is our home, we've got every generation. So full of music, a rhythm of its own design.

This is my family, a perfect constellation; so many stars and everybody gets to shine, WHOA!

But let's be clear, Abuela runs this show WHOA!"

The younger Madrigals danced in front of their doors as Mirabel continued singing.

"She led us here so many years ago WHOA!

And everyday our family blessings grow WHOA!

It's a lot, you've simply got to know, so!"

Mirabel opened the door and her family walked out in front of her, everyone with a smile on their face.

Welcome to the Family Madrigal! The home of the family Madrigal! (We're on our way!)

Where all the people are fantastical and magical, I'm part of the Family Madrigal!"

(Y/N) laughed as Mirabel caught up and nudged her. "Aren't you cheerful this morning?" He said before walking away to begin his chores.

"Oh my gosh, it's them! It's them!" The kids from before cornered Mirabel and she began to explain the different powers of her family.

"My Tia Pepa, her mood affects the weather...when she's unhappy, well the tempature gets weird.

My Tio Bruno--(we don't talk about Bruno!)

They say he say the future, one day he disappeared, oh!