9

(3rd POV)

(Y/N) exhaled shakily as he crossed his legs sitting in front of his pond. Natalia was sitting next to him, humming an old lullaby her father used to sing before he passed, while knitting, it helped her relax. (Y/N)'s green eyes watched her as a soft smile crossed his face. Without looking up, Nat said, "I can sense you staring at me." She smirked to herself as the Madrigal's cheeks flushed before turning back to the water. She watched intrigued as (Y/N) reached out with his pointer finger glowing purple, and touched the water in front of him.

"Watch this." He whispered, as the water turned to varying shades of blue and purple and began encasing the room with delicate and beauitful bubbles began to float around the room, with small sea and ocean animals in them. Natalia laughed as Elena squealed and spun around in her bubble. "Wow, (Y/N), this is amazing!" She twirled hand gently cupping one of the bubble as the animal inside, a blowfish, puffed playfully before blowing more bubbles in its bubble.

"I've always been able to do this, but Abuela thinks it's a danger, and useless." Nat turned to (Y/N) as he watched the animals, giving the artist a fantastic look at his side profile, as the rush of water gave (Y/N)'s hair that ocean wave hair. (Y/N) turned to Nat and unconciously the two started to lean in, ignorining the animals squealing and squeaking, loving their friend about to have his happily ever after at last, when the door slammed open, revealing a very angry Abuela. "WHAT is going on here?!"

(Y/N) gasped, as he willed the bubbles back into the ocean, pond, and river, and the water turned a mix of red and purple, revealing (Y/N)'s emotions: fear and anxiety.

"Abuela, I-I can explain--" Alma stalked forward and grabbed Natalia's wrist harshly, dragging the girl away from her nieto. "(Y/N), you are engaged to Laura, and you," she shoved Natalia outside of Casita's doors, "Are never to come near my grandson or our Casita ever again!" She slammed the doors once more, before turning to go into (Y/N)'s room.

"You need to stop acting like a child and start acting like a Madrigal man...just like tu Abuelo Pedro" Alma pushed back some of her hair as she began pacing in front of the river by the door.

"(Y/N), first thing you need to do is going to pick a ring for Laura and preparing your proposal speech. We're going to move the wedding up to makeup for Isabela and Mariano's engagement. Tomorrow, you need to bring Laura yellow roses. Ask Isabela for the brightest she had--"

As she continued to talk about his arrranged marriage, (Y/N) could feel the blood rushing in his ears as his Abuela continued on her rampage about something he could care less about. His heart began to race, exclaimation bubbles began popping rapidly and he knew what was coming next: all his usually kind and gentle persona being washed away by the built up anger and pain...He was having an anxiety attack, and it was going to be bad.

"I DON'T WANT TO MARRY LAURA!!" he screamed. The waves crashed against the jagged icicles as (Y/N) finally spoke his mind.

"I don't love Laura that way! She's my friend who's in love with someone completley different from me and I refuse to take her happiness away just so you can have the 'Perfect' famiy! News flash, Abuela, NO ONE IS PERFECT! I'm in love with Natalia Fuentes. I love her kind caring personality, she's a hard worker, and loves how her art makes others happy. I love her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. She...She's my Alma."

Alma's brown eyes widen at her nieto's confession, realizing he was comparing his love with Natalia to her love with Pedro.

Like the fresh dew on a leaf, tears cascaded down (Y/N)'s cheeks as his grandmother opened his door and turned to eye him out the corner of her eye, "We will talk about this later....go find Mirabel." she said coldly, before leaving.

(Y/N) couldn't hold back anymore.

He collapsed to his knees, and let out the most spine chilling, heart broken scream anyone has ever heard. The different bodies of water in his room reacted to his emotions and changed from blue-green to a red-violet hue as he sobbed his heart out.

Elena squeaked softly, nuzzling her head against her friend's knee, as she listened to him cry.

(Y/N) never felt heartbreak until now.

Within that break, his trust and respect in Abuela broke.....

And he wasn't sure it could be mended.