3

(3rd POV)

Mirabel froze and turned around to face her grandmother with an awkward grin. "What are you doing?" Abuela asked, raising an eyebrow at her youngest granddaughter. "Uh, they were just asking about the family and..." "SHE WAS ABOUT TO TELL US ABOUT HER SUPER AWESOME GIFT!" shouted Ana, with a super excited grin on her face.

"Oh, Mirabel didn't get one." squeaked Dolores as she poked her head out before walking away, her Abuela following her example.

The children surrounding Mirabel, looked in on her. "You didn't get a Gift?" asked Elizabeth. "Um.." Mirabel stuttered as she turned to Gustavo who called her.

"Mirabel! Delivery! I gave you the special, since you're the only Madrigal kid with no Gift." He dumped the basket in the teen's hand, oblivious to her uncomfortable expression. "I call it the 'Not Special Special', since, uh, you have no Gift." "Thanks." replied Mirabel through gritted teeth. "Oh, and tell Antonio good luck. The last Gift ceremony was a bummer...last one being yours, that-that did not work. "Uh-huh." mumbled Mirabel.

"If I was you, I'd be really sad." Elizabeth said, nodding her head as cutely as a five year old could. Mirabel smirked at the girl.

"Well, my little friend, I am not. Because the truth is, Gift or no Gift, I am just as special as the rest of my family." She and the children turned to the house watching Luisa, Pepa and Isabela.

Pepa made a rainbow over the house, Isabela decorated half of Casita bloom with pink flowers, and finally Luisa lifted a wagon with one hand, calling out, "All right, guys, where do I drop the wagon?"

Elizabeth placed her hands on her hips, frowning. "Maybe your Gift is being in denial, making Mirabel pout. "Anyway, you kids should shoo shoo, we've got work to do." With that, Mirabel entered Casitia.

"Get the chairs out of the way." A woman said to some of the men, as Mirabel bumped into several people. "Sorry, excuse me."

"Dolores, can you hear if anyone is gonna be late?" called Pepa.

"Lift it higher. Higher. Abuela commented to Jose as she walked past Casita's stairs turning towards Antonio's room.

"Hey, nice job over there." Camilo pointed to some of the workers, as he leaned on one of Casitia's banisters. "Yeah, yeah." they cheered.

"Camilo, we need another Jose." "Jose!" He cheeered, shifting into the man.

"Luisa, the piano goes upstairs!" "I'm on it! Careful, sis." The strong woman might be big on the outside, but she's always been gentle with her family, especially her younger sister.

Suddenly the winds picked up, as Pepa began to tornado. "My baby's night needs to be perfect and it's not perfect, and people are going to be coming! And nothing's ready.." She ranted as her husband tried to calm her. "You're tornado-ing the flowers! The flowers!" The tornado stopped as the redhead her husband.

"Did someone say flowers?" Isabela called before swinging down on her vines, dancing in the air. "Isabela!" "Our angel, our angel!" Felix cried as his sobirna gave Pepa a bouquet of flowers. "Please don't clap." Isabela cooed. "Thank you." Pepa beamed, walking away with Felix's hand on her waist, cooing words of love to her. "Oh, it's nothing." Smiled Isa, flipping her hair over her shoulder, unintentionally or intentionally hitting Mirabel in the face with hair and flowers.

She opened her eyes, to her sister sputtering flowers out of her mouth and rolled her eyes. "Ugh..a little sisterly advice? If you weren't always trying too hard, you wouldn't be in the way." Isabela spoke softly as she walked away, smiling at people, with Mirabel hissing: "Actually, Isa, this is called helping. And I'm not in the way, you ar--uhh!" Mirabel was so into trying to get Isabela mad, she walked right into a pole.