14

(3rd POV)

"Abuela! It's okay, everythin-the magic is gonna be fine!" Mirabel began to rush her words as she began to explain herself to their grandmother. "What are you talking about? Look at our home! Look at your sister!" Alma gestured to her oldest nieta, as Isabela made the flowers disappear, trying to get the paint stains off her. "Please, just...Isabela wasn't happy, and she-" "Of course she isn't happy, you ruined her proposal."

"No, no, no, she needed me to ruin her proposal. And then we did all this, and (Y/N) even frosted them so they stay longer." Mirabel gestured around as she jabbered excitedly. Isabela tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, slinking out of sight, shame written all over her face. (Y/N) stood behind Mirabel, watching with concern for his sister and anger at their grandmother. "And the candle burned brighter, and the cracks.." "Mirabel." Alma said softly, trying to contain her anger.

"That's why I'm in the vision! I'm saving the miracle." Mirabel's smile dropped as the elder lost her temper. "You have to stop Mirabel! The cracks started with you. Bruno left because of you." The house began to rumble as the rest of the family began to come see what was going on.

"Oh, no, Abuela, Tio Bruno left on his own. He's a grown ass man, and he made his own descion to leave for Mirabel." (Y/N) placed a hand on Mirabel's shoulder in silent support. "Luisa's losing her powers, Isabela's out of control, and (Y/N) is rebelling because of you! I don't know why you weren't given a Gift, but that's no excuse for you to hurt this family!"

"Okay, you've gone too far. Now, I'm going to tell you about yourself! Did you ever stop to think that you put too much pressure on this family? Luisa's been working her ass off since she was 5 years old!"

As (Y/N) continued to get worked up, ice frosted over the house.

"Isabela hates pink! She's an artist and loves getting dirty while gardening!

Dolores is not your personal radio! She shouldn't have to use her powers to listen for things you have no business knowing about!

Camilo sometimes forgets who he is because you constantly have him being someone else! He is just as special as himself!

Tia Pepa has to surpress her emotions because you want things to always be sunny! Well, guess what? She's still a human who can have feelings because life isn't always sunshine and rainbows, no matter how much you wish it was.

Tio Bruno is the dorkeiest, kindest man who wants nothing more than to help his family!

Mi mama has had arthritis since she was 16 and you act like you don't see her in pain!

You always give Tio Felix and Papi chores to keep them out of the way because they don't have Gifts!

I'll be damned if I let you inflict the same pressure on Antonio! He's 5, and he should get the chance that none of us got to be a kid."

He exhaled, as Mirabel spoke up.

"I will never be good enough for you. Will I?" Julieta and Agustin looked at Mirabel in concern as her voice shook. "No matter how hard I try." She looked at the blue side of the family, looked at her brother who was stuggling to reign in his ice, before glaring at Alma as she stared down Mirabel.

"No matter how hard any of us tries. Luisa will never be strong enough, Isabela will never be perfect enough. (Y/N) will never be Abuelo Pedro. Tio Bruno left our family because you only saw the worst in him."

"Bruno didn't care about this family." Alma shot back but Mirabel wasn't backing down. "He loves this family, I love this family. We all love this family. You're the one that doesn't care! You're the one breaking our home."