1:03

HE WANTED EVERYDAY TO be just like this one.

one where dazai would come at his usual time, wait for chuuya to come down and brew some coffee he would never be getting instead a few sips from you here and there. he wanted it to always be like this.

"morning, chuuya !"

the bright morning breeze of the open window made chuuyas usual arrogant mood disappear. looking around the room, he realized the suicidal maniac wasn't here today.

"is dazai not here yet ?" you tilted your head in confusion, hugging a big pot of dirt.

"have you not checked the clock ? you've slept in. its ten fourty eight, chuuya."

"HA ?!"

you put the pot down and looked at the panicked state the ginger was in. laughing, you walked over to your classic wooden table and opened the drawer, grabbing a glove that would probably fit the hands of chuuya.

"you seemed really busy and tired as of late, so i asked dazai to ask kunikida, mori, and fukuzawa to give you a break," throwing the thick black gloves, chuuya caught them with ease. "until then, you'll be helping me around here just for a bit."

"you trusted dazai with this ?"

"he was the only person here.. plus, i even called them, so not to worry about dazais antics." you opened multiple small clear drawer of seeds, the labeled peeling off.

the seeds rested under large bundled up flowers that hung from the wall down. you looked at your work board for today, pulling out a sticky note.

"i have some stuff to drop off for a wedding. this should be the last batch." chuuya stood by the stairs leading to the rooms in question.

"oh chuuya ! could you take care of the shop while im out ? a large handful of people are here for pick up and i won't be able to tend the shop then. oh ! and along with relabeling the seed drawers please ! the labeling tape is in the drawer left from the table !"

sighing, chuuya sat in the spinning chair near the L shaped table, leaning down and crossing his arms as his ginger locks smoothly fell down onto his chest. thanking him, you rushed out onto your car and drove off, a bit in a hurry than usual.

a few minutes passed as an older lady walked in, making her way to the L shaped wooden table. the ginger stood up and slid the chair away, looking back to the sticky note left.

"an -"

"eleven ten pick up ?" chuuya grumbled with an annoyed tone. the lady nodded as chuuya looked down and saw the sun shining brightly on the fresh bouquet of light colored flowers. taking it, and dripping off, he wrapped the stems up in a bundle, handing it over.

"are you a new worker ? it's always y/n who takes care of everything here." twitching his eyes, chuuya shook his head.

"im a friend of theirs, i just have a day off at my work place is all."

"oh, my apologies."

"for what ?" chuuya asked in a gruffy tone, grabbing a pen and crossing out the first pick up time.

"i thought you were the one they were dating."