Chapter Seven: Family Reunion: Part Two

The rest of the family and soon to be family had finally shown up. They greeted each other and introduced those who were unfamiliar with some of the family. Leaf had finally shown up as well.

Ashley had spotted her. He ran to her and picked her up, twirling her around. After he put her down, they shared a laugh and then kissed. Ash and Serena looked at each other and nodded. They wanted to embarrass their son, so they yelled out, "HELL YEAH! WHOOHOO! ATTA BOY!"

Now, everyone looked at Ashley and Leaf. They all began clapping and shouting. Ashley and Leaf turned very red.

Ashley and Leaf walked over and noticed that his parents were still laughing at his embarrassment. Ashley said,"Really? Did you need to do that? And you too mom? Really?"

Serena said, "Yep. It's my job as your mother to embarrass you."

"Yeah, as your father I can't let you go unembarrased." Ash told him.

"Well you succeeded. Good job." Ashley said.

Leaf was greeted by her boyfriend's family, and Ashley was taken to go say hello to her family. After that was finished, the pair just ventured off talking to whoever.

With Selene

Selene had also wandered off, looking for the food. She sure did have an appetite like her dad. Selene went down a hallway and saw Leaf waiting outside a door.

"Hi Leaf!" She greeted. "Whatcha doin'?"

"Waiting for your brother to finish using the restroom. What are you doing over here anyways? Are you lost?" Leaf asked her future sister in law.

"No. I was looking for the food, then saw you." Selene said.

"Oh, ok." Leaf said.

Then, out of the blue, Selene asked, "When are you and big brother gonna get married? Has he asked you yet?"

"Uh...um...one day, hopefully soon. We're only 16..." Leaf stuttered.

"Well my daddy proposed to my mommy when they were 17!" Selene explained.

"Yeah, that's true." Leaf agreed. "Hopefully he'll propose to me tonight, you think so? That be so sweet of him, proposing in front of the whole family."

They continued talking, but they didn't know that Ashley heard the whole conversation.

"Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap!" He whisper shouted to himself. "Does she know!?"

He put the ring back in his pocket.

"Well. She wants me to do it tonight, I'm going to do it tonight."

He walked out of the restroom and saw his sister and girlfriend.

"Hey Selene! What are you doing over here?" He asked.

"Talking to Leaf, bye bye!" Selene said, running off.

Ashley and Leaf shrugged and went back to the crowd.

With The Twins

The pair went to the kitchen to go find food, and found their grandma Grace making something.

"Hi grandma!" They said in unison.

"Hello girls, are you two having fun?" Grace asked.

"Yeah. We met so many people we didn't even know existed." Leah said.

"That's the fun of family reunions. Anyway, you girls have any crushes?" Grace asked.

"W-Why do you a-ask? Lara stuttered.

"Just asking. It's weird though, your mother wouldn't stop going on and on about your father since she met him again, but when I asked her if she liked him, she would always deny it. Strange."

"That's mom for you." Alex said as he walked in.

"Yes it is..." Grace replied.

The twins left to go hang out with the others, while Alex continued talking to his grandmother.

"From all the stories we hear, it sounds like they still act like they did when they were dating." Alex said. "As in mom blushing at literally everything dad says."

"I guess their love and their mannerisms toward each other just never changed as they transitioned from dating to marriage. I imagine that it was the same during their newlywed phase, despite the whole conceiving your brother on their wedding night thing." Grace said.

Alex blushed at his grandmother's comments. He didn't want the image of his parents doing...that...in his head. He gave her a hug and left.

Little did all of them know, a certain "team" was watching them.