Chapter Seventeen: Home

A year later; Ashley and Leaf's wedding

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The pastor said.

Ashley and Leaf kissed.

"It is my pleasure to present Mr. and Mrs. Ketchum!"

Serena was in tears, and Ash held her hand to comfort her. Serena remembered her and Ash's wedding. She remembered how she felt when she officially became Mrs. Ketchum; she had finally accomplished her primary goal.

Ash was proud. Though he didn't want to admit it, he was choking back tears. His little boy had grown up, far too fast. His mind wandered back to the past.

Flashback

"Wow honey, he has your eyes." Serena giggled.

"I don't care what features he shares with either of us. He's perfect." Ash smiled as he held his son.

"I hope he grows up to be like you. You accidently influence people so he probably will." Serena wished.

"Well, you never know...I just want him to be a good person that's all."

Serena realized something, "Hey, did you know Dawn and Gary's girl will be born next week?"

"Really? What are they going to name her?"

"Leaf."

Ash chuckled, "Maybe our kids will be best friends? Then grow up and find out they love each other? That would be really cool."

"Ash, I don't even want to think about him growing up yet."

"Yeah...but he will one day. And his mommy and daddy will be proud."

End of flashback

Ash's tears finally started to flow. He bit his lip and cried silently.

Serena had turned to see her husband crying (which he never did) and was worried.

"Baby? Are you ok?" She whispered.

"Y-Yeah...fine. I was j-just thinking ab-bout some things, that's all..."

She accepted his answer and lied her head on his shoulder.

The rest of the evening was amazing. Everyone except Ash, Serena, Alex and the girls, Ashley and his grandparents and great grandparents, Leaf and her parents and grandparents were gone.

"So, you guys going anywhere?" Delia asked the couple.

"I don't know, are we?" Leaf asked her husband.

Ash and Serena took this as their que. They walked closer to them.

Ash pulled out a pair of keys. He handed one to his son and one to Leaf.

He winked at his son.

"Have fun." He said with a smile.

The families all hugged the newly married couple.

As they all turned to leave, Ash quickly turned around.

"Wait! I forgot!"

Ashley and Leaf turned around.

Ash threw his son a Pokéball.

He opened it. Charizard came out.

"My wedding present. He's yours. Also you're going to need him if you want to get there if you want to get busy by ton-"

Serena cut him off, "Ok! He gets it. I love you two! Be safe!" She told them.

As Ash, Serena, and the kids got into the car, something felt wrong to Ash. Ashley wasn't there.

Ash just sighed.

They drove home, and went to bed. Life was good. Everyone was happy, and they still have four more kids that still aren't grown up yet. But to the family, the house already felt empty without Ashley around. It was going to take some getting used to, but they are always up for a challenge.

Holy fuck. Its over. Its actually fucking over. Thank you all for the support on my work. I remember when this had 500 reads and it is now over 4000. Thank yall. I just want to take this time to dedicate this book to Rayray_420 you were there in the beginning. From my first book to the beginning of this one. Thanks bro. You were cool as a mf. I'll always remember the nights we'd meme and bullshit around in the comment section. Thanks man. Hope you'll see this and realize how much that meant to me. I'd love to see how you've been doing. Peace out bros.