Selene is a star

In Selene's opinion, Yelena wasn't exaggerating with her earlier statement. They were going to have to walk another hour approximately to reach their destination with monsters chasing them. To say the least, Selene was not pumped up for this. Sure, she'd had a good rest up till now, but walking another hour and trying to get the monsters to think they were normal was not going to work.

Selene was wondering why they attracted so many monsters. Mateo seemed confused, and he seemed to be lost in his thoughts for a while. Well, that was until Yelena cursed. He looked at her sharply, looked at the map and shrugged it off. It didn't seem like he was concerned about the extra walk.

As the monsters were far away, Mateo climbed up onto a tree like a monkey and then scanned the surrounding area. He seemed to spot some monsters hiding, and that made Selene admire him more (that guy could spot a lot of stuff) and then took out his bow. After a few minutes, Selene saw Mateo descend from the tree. He pushed them along roughly, barely giving Selene time to even start walking. 

Yelena questioned, "What the hell Mateo?"

"The arrows revealed our location. I took out a few monsters, but now they know where we are. So we go opposite." Yelena nodded but still looking put off that he pushed her. Selene hurried along till they were not in that area anymore, and saw the monsters cackling very close to where they were before. Selene felt herself shiver slightly.

"You know what- how about we run," Yelena suggested, though she didn't look nervous, Yelena didn't seem to want to fight either.

Mateo looked unsure. Selene took a minute to see if they could run before nodding, "There are not leaves her and it's practically a jogging track. We'll be okay Mateo. Let's be normal joggers." 

Mateo reluctantly nodded, before they started jogging. Selene was never the fastest, despite being fast, and was regretting her choice. When they saw her lagging behind, Yelena blushed and slowed down a little.

They had gotten quite far by the time they stopped, and Selene was panting, barely able to stand. The last few days had made her realize how much stamina she actually had. Very little. Mateo didn't look very tired, but he looked almost agitated. He was tapping his foot, either out of ADHD or nervousness, Selene didn't know. Yelena was panting slightly, but Selene knew that in a few moments Yelena would be on her feet.

Selene thought that they were far enough by now, so they started walking. All of this was getting tired, and Selene could see that Yelena was getting sick of all the grime and dust that she was covered in. Selene hated the smell that surrounded her as well. 

Drawing a deep breath, Selene continued walking, legs feeling like jelly. Thank the gods that she wasn't feeling sleep though. As of now, their progress was back onto the path, as if they had just reached. Now all they had to do was find a very, very, did Selene have to remind again, very safe place to rest. So that they could change and around night maybe steal a car to have some proper progress. 

Mateo was alert the whole time. He seemed jumpy and always had a knife in hand, though he concealed it as much as he could. His eyes scanned the surroundings and the dark glare that was settled on his face when someone pushed him made Selene think that the guy was somewhat scary. He wouldn't do anything to her, but he was scary.

They had been walking for a long while, and it was Yelena's brilliant idea that made Selen sigh in relief. Although it would make them stop, the time was necessary just to get more energy. They sneaked into an apartment complex, which Selene had to admit was slightly ruthless. Why? Because Yelena knocked all the guards that tried to stop them unconscious and then continued walking.

Selene wasn't scared of trouble though. The only thing she hoped was that the people were okay and hadn't got a really bad concussion. Yelena and Mateo seemed unbothered as if they had seen it a million times. Despite being tired, Selene managed to not collapse as they made it to the roof of an apartment. 

The air was fresh and the wind wrapped around Selene like a blanket. The sun could barely be seen but she ignored it, feet dangling over the edge. Yelena came over and joined her, and though Selene did not want to forgive her, her heart reacted differently. She put her head on Yelena's shoulder, and Yelena hugged back, muttering apologies.

It was all Selene could do to not cry, so she told Yelena to shut up and closed her eyes. Just as she was about to doze off, she heard a clatter of feet and Mateo's worried face came up, "Guys, I just realised. We need to go or we'll be in serious trouble.