Chapter 24: long overdue.

Y/n's pov

Once he came back, we talked and talked and talked. We talked about everything. It was just incredible how our conversation flowed so well and how we could talk for hours on end. When I say hours, I mean it. We were there for another 2 hours!

I felt the most comfortable I've ever felt with Tom. Now that our feelings were out, we could flirt with each other and there was no confusion to it because we knew what the back
and forth comment meant. They meant we had feelings for each other.

Whether I would decide to tell him I loved him, I don't know. But right now, all I was focussed on was tommy sitting in front of me looking the most handsome I've ever seen him.

"Are you two gonna leave or am I going to have to chase you out with a spatula?" Rosie walked over to the table, one hand on her hip and the other grasping a spatula. Tom and I laughed.

"Sorry, we'll get out of your way." I apologised and got up, Tom following my lead.

"I'm all for love but I've gotta close up." She raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah, sorry Rosie." Tom giggled.

We made our way back to the car, laughing and carrying on our conversation. Tom opened my door and I hopped in.

"You two have fun?" John, the driver, questioned.

"Yeah, yeah we did." Tom grinned and I reciprocated.

"Good good, where we off to then?"

"Um, I-I was wondering if you wanted to come to my place and we can just watch a movie or something?" I watched as he fiddled with his fingers a little, scared that he was coming in too strong.

"I would love that." I smiled softly, placing a hand on his nervous ones.

"Off to Toms then." I saw John smile to himself in the mirror.

I was going to pull my hand back but Tom slid his fingers through mine, locking our hands into each other's. I took a deep breathe in, flushed by his gesture. It amazed me how we fit together so well.

After about a 20 minute drive, we pulled up to Toms house. We thanked John and entered. It was weird being at his house in this disruption because it was usually filled with our friends but now it was just us.

"Would it be totally inappropriate if I changed into something more comfortable?" Tom laughed.

"Would it be totally inappropriate if I asked to borrow some of you clothes to get more comfortable?" I laughed back.

"No, of course you can." He smiled. "I'll grab you a shirt and joggers..." he walked up to his room and i sat on the sofa. All of a sudden, I head clambering paws coming down the stairs and a pitbull ran into the room. She began to lick my hands and I giggled, stroking her. Tom came down the stairs with a clothes for me in his hands.

"I'm guessing this is Tessa?" I laughed, as she jumped up and licked my face.

"Tessa come ere! Sorry about that. Yeah that's her." He rolled his eyes smiling.

"She's adorable, how come I've never seen her before?"

"She's at my parents a lot because of work." He sighed, bending down to embrace the pup. I watched his face light up as she licked his face.

"Wow, she really loves you." I giggled.

"Yeah, seems like she loves you too." Tessa came back over to me and put her head on my lap.

"Jealous tommy?" I smirked.

"Of you or Tessa?" He raised his eyes eyebrows almost seductively.

"Oi, cheeky."

Toms pov

Y/n went off to the bathroom to change whilst I looked for a film to watch.

"Hey, I may have to steal these joggers cause they're so comfy." She chuckled as she walked into the room.

I don't know why but it the most beautiful I'd ever seen her. She just seemed so comfortable, inside and out. Seeing her wearing my clothes and seeing how cute she looks in them just made me smile uncontrollably.

"What?" Her eyebrows pinched together and a smile played at her lips.

"Can you wear nothing but my clothes from now on?" I slowly walked over and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Really? It's the sweats you like?" She giggled.

"My sweats."

Keeping one hand on her waist, my other one brushed her silky hair behind her ear. My hand lingered on her cheek as we began to feel that same tension that we had previously felt in the tea rooms. Our faces came closer and our breathing picked up, both realising what was about to happen. I felt her arm rest in my shoulder and her hand go into my hair, letting me know that she was ready. Finally...

Y/n's pov

...we kissed.

Once our lips connected, I felt the would dissolve around me. As if there was no one in the world but us. His soft lips worked in sync with mine, the kiss sweet but filled with passion. My hand ran through his hair and he brought me closer to his body. It lasted longer then the usual first kiss would take but...this was long overdue.

We both separated, reluctantly, and gasped for air. Our foreheads found each other, as we both stood there grinning cheesily.

"W-wow. That was- that was um-" Tom breathily broke the silence.

"Yeah...w-what you said." I chuckled.

He kissed my forehead and looked into my eyes.

"It was amazing. I've wanted to do that for a long like." He admitted.

"It was. And honestly, I was really annoyed when Rosie interrupted us earlier." I laughed. He agreed and we went to sit on the sofa.

"So, what we watching?" I asked, still grinning toothily.

"What about Infinity war?"

"You know how much I cry at that film!" I pouted.

"Fine, you choose...princess." He joked, not knowing that the nickname gave me butterflies.

"Let's watch something funny...ooo! the Hitmans wifes bodyguard! I loved the first film."

"I've actually been wanting to watch that, stick it on."

He out his arm around me and I cuddled into his chest. For such a buff man, he was surprisingly comfy to lay on. His hand came up into my hair and began to play with loose strands, making me feel so relaxed. A little too relaxed as I felt my eyes getting weaker and weaker...

Toms pov

We were about half way though the film when I noticed y/n wasn't laughing at anything anymore. I tilted my head down to see her sleeping peacefully on my chest. I smiled softly to myself, my heart filled with content. I turned off the television, wrapped the blanket around us and snuggled into her.

There was no other place I wanted to be but here.