Chapter 29: top three.

Y/n's pov

After a very long sleep, I woke up a little on the edge. Yes I had actually competed now but i didn't know what the results would be. I watched some of my competitors from afar and there were some incredible dancers. All I really wanted was top 15. That would make me happy.

We were throwing the party at 3 as the results were released at 4. Maya and I spent the day preparing food, putting up some balloons and chatting.

"So, I have to ask. What is going on with you and Daisy? And don't shut me down cause you get to hear all the details about my relationship and-"

"We went on a date." She cut me off.

"OH MY GOD! HOW DID IT GO?"

"It was...really great." She giggled.

"Oh my god I'm gonna cry." I ran and hugged her. Maya hasn't had much luck in the dating department. I was so happy she'd finally found someone.

"We're so opposite yet we just click...I really like her." She grinned.

"Oh I'm so happy. We have to go on a double date at some point!" I gasped.

"Okay, slow your horses." She laughed and carried on blowing up balloons.

It came to 3pm and the doorbell rang. I opened the door and of course he was the first to arrive.

"Hey beautiful." Tom smiled.

"Hey handsome." I chuckled and embraced him. He quickly pecked my lips but I snaked my hands around his neck deepening the kiss. He wound his arm around my waist, up my back and into my hair.

"Hey lovers." Jacob laughed. We reluctantly pulled apart when interrupted. 

"Hey Jacob." I laughed awkwardly, a little out of breath.

"Sorry we interrupted." Zendaya winked.

"Shut up Z" Tom rolled his eyes. The both went into the house and began chatting to Maya.

"So, what was that for pretty girl?" Tom chuckled.

"Can I not make out with my boyfriend without reason?" I raised my eyebrows.

"No I mean, I just need a warning next time cause..." he leant into my ear "...damn." He whispered sending shivers fine my spine. He pecked my ear and walked in to greet Maya.

Damn.

I took a deep breath in, trying to ignore the affect he just had on me and went in.

An hour later, everyone had arrived. It was only a small group but it was all my favourite people. I had actually forgotten that the results were coming through until my phone pinged.

"Oh god. Okay people, this is it." I stood in front of everyone as I pulled up the results.

"Okay, Complete Dance Division...12th! Oh my god that's great!" I smiled. I know the girls would beat themselves up a little but it was out of 40 dances, it's great.

"Oh that's great!" Maya jumped up to look my phone with me. "What about Adult Division?"

"Oh my god, we got 6th!" We both jumped up and hugged each other. Kerry joined the hug and everyone cheered.

"Okay so y/n, what about your solo?" Tom asked.

"I cant look..." passed my phone to Maya and sat next to Tom.

"Y/n...you got third." Maya laughed.

"What?"

"YOU GOT THIRD!" She squealed.

Everyone cheered and came over to hug me. I couldn't hug anyone back cause I was in shock, my mouth hanging open.

I got third. I got top three.

"Hey, y/n. Baby are you okay?" Tom snapped me back into reality.

"Y-yeah I just, I cant believe it." I breathily laughed.

"I can." He smiled, holding my hand.

Once I came to my senses and realised what had happened, i went and hugged everyone.

"Cheers to y/n!" Maya raised her glass.

"No, cheers us." I smiled.

"CHEERS." Everyone clinked their beers and champagne.

later on

I went out into our little garden to catch my breathe. We had spent the evening chatting and celebrating but I guess something in me still was so stunned. I mean, I would be getting a trophy! It's just all so insane.

"Hey." I heard Toms voice behind me. He walked over and sat next to me. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just still in disbelief." I chuckled.

"I don't get why you're so shocked, I knew you could do it." He put his arm around me and I snuggled into him. "I wish you'd realise how incredible you are."

"Yeah well, it's called being insecure. But thank you." I chuckled.

He tilted my head up so I was looking into his eyes. Those beautiful chocolate eyes. "You shouldn't feel insecure. You should realise how beautiful, kind and amazing you are. That's how I see you y/n. And I..." he took his gaze away from mine and took a deep breathe.

"What? Tom what's wrong?" I placed my hand on his cheek. He looked back into my gaze and leaned in. It was the most emotional kiss we'd ever shared. If felt like he was telling me something through his lips. It wasn't sexual, his hands didn't roam my body. It was...

"I love you." He whispered as his lips detached from mine.

The words I'd wanted to hear for what seemed like forever finally left his mouth.

"Y-you do?"

"There's no pressure for you to say it back but I've wanted to say it for a while and-" he rambled, letting go of me as he saw my pale expression.

"I love you too." I answered softly.

"Really?" He sighed.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for you to say that." I smashed my lips against his, both our hands immediately tangling into each other's hair. His tongue swiped against my bottom lip and I opened my mouth slightly. Our tongues collided and he hummed as i tugged his hair a little. I hoisted my legs around and straddled his lap, his hands running down to my waist. He peppered kisses on my cheek, down to my neck.

"I love you so much." He spoked between kisses.

"God...I love you too." I sighed in content. "But...I don't really want our first time to be on the garden steps." I giggled.

He chuckled and looked up into my eyes. "I suppose you're right princess." He pecked my lips and I got up off his lap. I went to walk back in the house when he grabbed my hands.

"So, how long have you wanted me to say it then? Say 'I love you'?" He smiled.

"Let's just say, a long time." I grinned and pulled him with me back to the house.

That was one of the best days of my life.