3

November 13th

The tiny girl stared widely at the man in front of her.

She was crouched down underneath the expensive bed, attempting to hide from whoever walks in the room.

When she had woken up, she had no clue of where she was. She had never felt so warm and comfortable then before, nor had she seen a room as big or pretty as this one. She knew there wasn't even a room like this in her home before.

The room was giant, the bed she was originally laying on, she immediately started freaking out. So she attempted to get down off the bed, however, it was too high off the ground leading her to fall, she let out a small yelp of pain landing on her leg.

When she heard the footsteps of Lorenzo heading her direction, which led her to go hide, and seeing as she was already at the bed, she immediately climbed under.

The man entered the room causing her to immediately become silent, she watched as his feet moved around the room checking all over, Lillian knew he was looking for her.

So when she watched him crouch down in front of her, she immediately became scared.

The man in front of her looked familiar, however, she didn't know how. Her vision was still slightly blurry from her sleep, however, his eyes looked familiar. Lillian couldn't tell how, seeing as the only person she had ever seen was her father.

The pain from her leg shot through her body once more, causing her to slightly tear up. She tried to hold it, but couldn't anymore.

"Hey, hey sweetheart, don't cry. It's okay, no need to be scared, princess, I'm not going to hurt you." The man said in a soft tone.

For some reason the voice was comforting. She felt the need to listen, like she was actually safe.

However, she believed that she shouldn't not listen. There had been many times when her 'father' had used his soft voice, just to trick her and hurt her. So she backed up more, stopping on the wall on the headboard rested on, a tear sliding down the side of her bruised face.

Lorenzo cursed under his breath, seeing her move farther away from him. She was supposed to come to him, not away.

"No, no sweetheart, it's okay, you can trust me, you can trust me." Lorenzo said in a calmer tone, one that was softer and gentle.

Lillian didn't move, she just stared at the man, and even though she was only three, her brain was going a million miles in each different direction.

She had no clue what to do.

She could trust him and come out, and he turned out to be bad.

She could stay under the bed until he eventually forces her out, or walks away that way she could escape.

Or she could trust him, and he won't actually hurt her, maybe he's different.

"Come one out baby, I know it's uncomfortable under there, we can get you out of there, and get you something in your tummy and get you all clean." Lorenzo tried. He knew it was hard for her to contemplate what to do, especially since she had been treated how she has, although he didn't know the extinction of what she's been through, Lorenzo understood that she was having trouble trusting him.

Lillian didn't look at him, instead she stared at the floor, thinking of all the possibilities of what could happen.

"Lillian." he stated, gaining her attention, her eyes snapped to him. "Come on out, I know you're scared but I promise with everything in me, that I would rather die than hurt you baby girl. Please?"