8

November 15th

It was the next morning.

After Lillian had fallen asleep on Lorenzo's lap, Lorenzo and his mother talked for a few moments, Isabella catching him up on his sister, too much to Lorenzo's dismay, his brother as well, before he told her to sleep in one of the guestrooms. Not wanting his mother out this late, having sent her driver home for the night.

Once Lorenzo and his mother had bid each other goodnight, Lorenzo made his way to his bedroom, carrying Lillian. He managed to lay and tuck her into his bed, making sure to secure her in so she wouldn't fall, before making his way to the bathroom to shower. Once he had showered, he quickly changed into a black shirt and a pair of sweatpants before lying down beside Lillian. It takes not even a full minute before Lillian moves to his side, seeking his warmth and comfort. Surprisingly, much like the night before, Lorenzo fell asleep quickly, something he hadn't done in a while.

Throughout the night, Lorenzo had moved to hold the tiny child to his chest in a protective state, his fatherly instincts, something that no one would have suspected he would have, began to get stronger as he spent time with the tiny girl, who was now his daughter.

The sun shone through a small opening that the curtains that attempted to cover the large window in Lorenzo's bedroom, shining directly into Lillian's eyes as she faced the specific window, clutching onto Lorenzo's arm. Fliching slightly at the light, she slowly opened her eyes, before burying her face into the pillow and rolling over facing Lorenzo, still managing to keep her hold on Lorenzo's arm.

Once again, she slowly opened her eyes to set on Lorenzo's peaceful sleeping face.

Even though she was only three years old, she taught herself, out of instinct not to trust any adult, especially any of her father's friends who came to drink and do stuff with needles. She didn't trust anyone. But she was confused as to why she felt that she could trust Lorenzo, one thing her three-year-old brain couldn't process correctly.

But she did trust him, but in a still wary way, making sure to watch him carefully. Even Though he hadn't done anything to her in any way to harm her, she still thought that he could turn from his nice caring, gentle way, to an angry, mean way with just like a flip of a switch, just like her father.

Lilian frowned slightly before her green eyes found a small edge of a tattoo peeking from the sleeve of his black shirt. Her three-year-old curiosity took the best of her, knowing that she shouldn't because it might wake him, but she couldn't help but move her small pointer finger to trace it. Her touch was light and gentle, making sure to be careful.

However, Lorenzo was training, and he immediately felt the movement, waking him up the second her small hand touched his skin. Lorenzo opened his eyes slightly, seeing the pure innocence dripping out of the three-year-old's eyes. A soft smile grew in Lorenzo's eyes as he watched her. He normally would have instinctively put the person who touched him in a choke hold, however, the soft caring touch told him exactly what was happening.

"Good morning sweetheart." He whispered, catching Lillian off guard. Lilian's green eyes flickered up to Lorenzo's face, immediately drawing her hand away, scared she would get into trouble.

Lorenzo still smiled softly, understanding. "It's okay sweetheart, you can trace it. He said moving his sleeve up more to reveal a rather large shoulder piece. Lorenzo watched as Lillian's eyes widened, a spark of hope lit inside of him when she immediately moved her hand to draw it.

A few moments later, Lillian had completed tracing the tattoo, which told Lorenzo it was time to get up. He softly moved to sit up. Picking Lillian up in the process of standing up, he moved his way to the bathroom, carefully helping the tiny girl use the bathroom, before picking her up and beginning to make his way downstairs.