6

Tw: Blood and violence

A/n: you get to see the mafia part of Lorenzo, this chapter is also longer because of the wait!

Enjoy!!!!

November  14th

Luca and Marco looked at each other before back at Lorenzo and Lillian, who sat before them. Lillian was looking at Lorenzo's hand, playing with the black and silver ring set on his thumb and pointer finger, not paying any attention to anything around her, at least that was what it looked like.

She was listening. However, she was not going to show it.

"Parla."(speak) Lorenzo said almost in an aggravated tone. The difference in language caused Lillian to look up at Lorenzo, a small frown overtaking her features because she couldn't understand him.

Truth was, he knew something was up, for he strictly remembered telling Luca and Marco not to come by unless it is important.

"Abbiamo parlato con gli avvocati dell'adozione." (We talked to the lawyers about the adoption.) Luca said after hearing the agitated tone Lorenzo had.

Lorenzo sat straighter slightly in his seat, hearing anything that was in any form connected to Lillian. However, if it was important about Lillian, he knew he would potentially have to get violent, or they wouldn't have been here anyway.

Along with sitting up upon hearing about the lawyers, he also tightened his grip ever so slightly around Lillian wanting to keep her near him.

"Che hanno detto?" (What did they say?") Lorenzo replied.

"Non ci andranno." (They won't go for it.) Marco replied knowing that it would piss off Lorenzo even more.

Lorenzo almost growled out in frustration, but knowing that Lillian was there, he shouldn't because she just started slightly trusting him even if it was ever so slightly.

"E perché no!" (And why not!) he asked, his voice getting deeper as he grew angrier.

"Non-pensano che nessun bambino dovrebbe essere nelle tue cure, e non credo che vorresti mai adoptable uno." (They don't think any child should be in your care, and they don't believe you would want to adopt one) Luca replied, looking down, knowing it would only upset Lorenzo further.

Lorenzo hugged Lillian to his chest tight but not too tight, just enough for her to be flush against his stomach.

Lorenzo looked down at Lillian and watched her play with the rings on his fingers, gritting his teeth as he looked up, "Prepara un'auto," (prepare a car).

"Lorenzo, you know they'll...."

"Prepare un'auto," Lorenzo repeated, standing up with Lillian moving her to his side, and walked out of the office and up the stairs into his bedroom.

Setting Lillian down on the bed, gaining a frown, Lorenzo walked into the closet and almost shut the door. Leaving it slightly open so he could hear if Lillian needed him or moved.

Lillian just sat there waiting patiently for Lorenzo to come back.

He was beyond angry, and he for sure did not want Lillian to see him like this. He angrily stripped and changed into a pair of black pants and a black button-up, before putting on his shoes.

Walking the far left corner of his closet, he peeled back a few plain shirts hanging there to reveal a silver wall safe.

Making sure to punch in that month's passcode, changing it each month so that no one can break into it, he opened it to reveal six handguns, all 9mm.