4

November 13th

(Sorry, I know where on the same date!)

Lillian looked up at Lorenzo, a bubbling of fear growing in her stomach. She had no idea what was to come, which caused her to panic. Was he going to make her leave, was he going to be exactly like her father and hit her, she knew this was too good to be true. But she allowed him to pick her up anyways and carry her into the living room.

Only when the worry started to setting in was when they were seated, her breathing started to pick up which alerted Lorenzo.

"No, No, baby, there's no need to panic, it's nothing too bad, I just need to ask you a couple of questions." Lorenzo tried reassuring, rubbing her back in a gentle circular motion, making sure to do it very gently so that it didn't hurt her back, but still wanting to comfort her as the two talked.

Lillian nodded, a slight fear still in her eyes, but she was less panicked. Lorenzo continued, understanding her fear about being questioned, so he took a second to let her calm down before beginning with the first question.

"Okay, sweetgirl, did you know that the man that hurt you was your father?" He asked not knowing if she knew the whole situation.

Lillian took a minute to answer, knowing the answer but not understanding why the man in front of her was asking her this, but she nodded, answering him. Lorenzo sighed a defeated sigh, angering him more at the dead man than he already was.

"Okay, now I know you might not know how to answer this question, but do you know why he was hurting you?" he asked, not sure if he himself wanted to know the answer.

Lillian took a moment before nodding, it was what her father always blamed her for. However, she had no clue how to answer it.

"Okay, could you tell me?" he questioned?

Lillian thought how to answer, an idea popping into her mind.

Before Lorenzo could ask another question on how to get her to tell him, he felt two tiny hands wrap around his wrist as they moved it closer to her.

Lillian only saw this word once, on a commercial on her fathers tv while he was passed out once, her photographic mind helping her, as well as the father that her father always yelled it at her on a constant. Lillian slowly unwrapped a hand and attempted to write a 'm'.

When she did slowly make it into the correct letter she wrote an 'o' and then another 'm'.

Lorenzo sat and watched as she slowly wrote the word, 'mom'. He furrowed his brows, before realization hit him, him connecting the three letters.

"He did this because of your mom, baby?" he questioned getting a nod from Lillian, she was glad that Lorenzo understood.

Lorenzo frowned, but he wasn't unfamiliar with this situation, he however, had seen it on multiple occasions in his line of work.

He couldn't understand it, why most parents blame their children for something that they themselves as parents caused and where the reason to blame, it was out of his world, why someone could harm a child, let alone their own.

One thing he made sure of as a boss, was to keep from harming children, and some women depending on the circumstances. Something that his father made sure to teach him as he was younger.

Lorenzo felt a tug on his shirt, making him snap out of his thoughts, and looking down at Lillian who was looking at him with a concerned yet confused expression.

"I'm sorry babygirl." he said, apologizing for not only what had happened to her but for zoning out.

Just then, the doorbell rang, making Lorenzo get up with Lillian again, on his hip. He walked out of the living room and into the hallway which led to the opening of the house where the stairs and front door were.