5

November 14th

________________________________

Lorenzo was the first to wake up, the sun rays having shined directly in his face from the window parallel to his bed.

Normally he wouldn't even bother shutting the drapes, him never waking up when the sun was actually up or rising, normally being completely dark.

He had gotten into a routine of waking up around four and immediately starting his day.

So he was immediately confused to the feel the warmth of the sun against his face.

It took him a minute to fully wake up, but when he felt a small amount of weight on his chest, he quickly opened his eyes and looked down, revealing the small child that had originally fallen asleep hugging his arm, was now laying completely on top of him.

Her small hand was wrapped around his neck, while her head was tucked under his chin and the other hand clutching his shirt.

A small smile formed on Lorenzo's face as he looked down. He moved his arm along the cover which had fallen off of him and Lillian, and moved it to cover most of her and some of his chest, leaving her head out so she could breath.

He grabbed his phone that was sat charging on the nightstand next to the bed. Quickly looking and answering back to people who had either texted or emailed him overnight about orders and regular business deals. He hated this part, but it was his job.

It took him a solid forty minutes answering back to everyone, making sure to get everything taken care of before he was to wake the sleeping child on his chest, making sure to be quiet and to not move as much as he could, wanting lillian to get as much sleep as she could for the day ahead of them.

Setting his phone down, he was quick to begin slowly waking up Lillian, rubbing soothing circles on her back slowly waking her up so she wouldn't be startled like she was the day earlier, as well as making sure not to press way to hard on her back from the bruises that he had seen yesterday giving her a bath.

Lillian stirred a few minutes later, lifting her head off of Lorenzo's chest, and moving to rub her eyes with her fist, which made Lorenzo quick to move. "No, No sweet girl, don't do that, it'll hurt your eyes."

Lillian let out a sleepy whine, before laying her head on Lorenzo's chest again, seeking sleep.

Lorenzo smiled slightly before moving the cover off of the both of them, making sure to keep secure,he stood up keeping her in front of him, making sure to support her as he laid her head on his right shoulder.

"C'mon sweet girl, let's go make some food, yeah?" Lorenzo whispered, pressing a small kiss on her head before making his way out of the bedroom and down the stairs into the kitchen.

At the word food, her stomach slightly growled where his hand wa a that was holding her, which caused him to chuckle before leaning down and kissing her forehead.

He had made sure to order someone to stock his fridge and pantry the night before, making sure he would be able to cook.

He quickly moved around the kitchen, grabbing a pan that was hanging from above the center islander, which had multiple storage as well as extra counter space.