3

Not too long after Lane bringing me his sweatshirt Landon came outside and said that he was going to take all of us home. I was bummed because I was honestly really enjoying the small talk I was having with him.

It's been a few days now. and school starts back up tomorrow. I haven't really talked to Russia. but when there is some type of weird energy or conflict she disappears until she herself is over the situation. Which Troy and I talked about everything and he understood to leave her alone and stop trying to get into her pants, he understood. I think mainly is because I threatened his entire life but he understood.

Troy is doing his first two weeks of sophomore year of college online, half the school had COVID, which caused everything to be pushed back. They are dong some type of deep cleaning I guess. I didn't mind. That just meant that I got to spend two more weeks with him. At least try to catch up on our missed out summer.

"Ellie!" I hear in a sharp whisper from outside my window.

I laugh softly, jumping up from my bed and turning to the window directly beside it. I look out and see Troy across from me, hanging out of his window. I laugh loudly before, opening my window.

"why are you whispering?" i ask, i lean forward so my upper half is hanging out of the window.

"it's more suspicious that way!" he laughs at me while waving his body around.

"just shut up and come over. You act like you can't just walk in the front door." i shout at him before slamming my window shut.

I make my bed quickly and quite half ass before hearing Troy come in the bedroom moments later. His eyes scan the room slowly.

"looks exactly the same." Troy breaths before throwing himself onto my bed, leaning back on his elbows.

"You act like you haven't been here in five years." I scoff as I begin to kick my dirty clothes on the floor over to my closet.

"Well you never know, you could be a completely different person now than you were three months ago." Troy responds defensively. he raises his hands up in front of them before dropping them back down.

"Well maybe if you didn't go around the world you would still know who I am and who i've become." I spat towards him, I reached down and picked up the clothes off the floor and tossing them into the basket in front of me.

I was being harsh but I was hurt, I was jealous and most of all I felt alone.

"What was I supposed to do, Ellie? Tell my grandparents 'hey sorry I can't go to Europe. Ellie wants me to stay in Arkansas for summer'." he scoffs before running his hair through his blonde locks in frustration.

"I think I'm just more jealous I didn't get to go." I say in a playful tone. I'm trying to lighten the mood here.

"Well I would've had a lot more fun if you went with me." He says softly before sighing.

I look over as Troy lays back on my bed, his eyes stare at the ceiling. I felt bad for making him feel bad but that's like my second job. He's like a brother to me. I can't help myself. I was also super lonely and sad while he was gone. I had so much planned. I did have other friends, but they're not Troy.

"so," i start, trying to calm down the awkwardness between us. "How did you meet Landon?" I ask quietly before laying down beside Troy.

"Well funny story.." Troy laughs nervously. I could smell the anxiety on him. I eye him for a second before motioning my hand in front of me. Hurry up and speak. I'm nosey and impatient.

"I was at this party and he was there, I caught him sleeping with the girl that I was talking to-"

"which one?" I interrupt quickly. I wonder if he was going to bring up Lane.