coffee.

"Morning sugar," Lenny walks in a few minute late to work with a coffee just for me, "iced vanilla latte with oat milk for my sweet."

"Thank you," I take the clear cup from his hands & slurp up the caffeinated goodness. Lenny works at the cubicle right behind mine. We've worked so well together since I started here; he's been so welcoming & just overall a great friend. The only problem is he lives outside of the city so he only comes in for work & any errands he runs. He's more of a homebody which I kinda wish Gwen was. 

I was working on my art festival article, other than my episode, I think it was overall a great article. I write the arts & comm. articles for the Chicago Tribune. I never thought I would be as good as my boss makes me seem. She was so eager to get me started & I've never disappointed her once. Lenny also does arts & comm. there's a few of us that do, but I'm working my way up to editor, which looks very promising.

"How was the festival this weekend? I didn't get a text back from you at all, did you meet someone?" Lenny loved the gossip. He knew everything about almost everyone in this office, & I love that he only shared it with me, only because there wasn't much about me to even tell.

"Mmmm it was fun," kept it short & sweet. I wish I could tell him about the guy I did meet, but there was no point since he seemed to have a girlfriend, at least that's what I saw. Anyhow, I shouldn't be worried.

Lenny takes a long sip of his giant iced coffee, its really all that's getting us through this year, "I wish I would have came, I got the invite with Gwen but staying home sounded so much nicer & going through traffic is such a drag."

"Will you ever move to the city?" I hand him a file from over my head.

"I've actually thought about it, it would be nicer & I would get to hangout with my favorite girls," he takes the file.

"Maybe we can switch houses," I tease but if he ever considered it, I wouldn't hesitate.

I continue to drink my coffee & I notice it tastes different than what Lenny usually brings in the morning. Its a nice hearty taste, & the vanilla tastes so natural like straight out of the bean. It's not too powerful, it's so good, "did you get this from the shop around the corner?"

"No, I took a little morning detour," He turns from his seat, "I came into the city early this morning thinking I would go to the gym, I even brought extra clothes. But I just got so into my morning jam session I ended taking turn after turn & before I knew it I only had thirty minutes to get to work, I was across town & I came across this coffee shop I always heard great things about & I knew the usual spot would be swarmed with people by now so I decided to pop in, I knew I would be late anyway so might as well make it worth it. It was on the corner of West Washington & it was super secluded but a good amount of people inside. I love it, I think it'll make an early commute worth it honestly. Very hipster."

I laugh & continue drinking my coffee. I don't know what I would do if I never met Lenny, "Oh please move to the city."

**********************************************

The week seems to be going fairly well so far, Gwen keeps trying to persuade me to go out again tonight. I keep making up excuses about how I have tons of work to catch up on, which is a complete lie, I'm totally caught up on all my all my articles & even started on my upcoming article about the new modern art of Bella Touloum. She's having an art exhibit in two weeks so I've been reading up on her life while laying in bed eating veggie chips. Gwen keeps pestering what seems to be each hour. I know I'm the only other person she can really tolerate other than our girl group but they are all moving on with their lives. It was a surprise to get us all to go out last week, but now it seems like they want it to be a weekly thing.