53. Wild battle

A few day after Ash's fight with Clemont

No POV

Ash jumped, catching on the branch as an angry pokemon ran under him with loud stomping. He looked down at the pokemon. Rhydon looked up at him, huffing.

"I know you don't like to have someone give you orders, I saw that already. And I can be alright with that..." Ash said as he sat on the branch, looking down at Rhydon. But that seemed to only piss him even more and so it spinned with its tail taking down the tree.

Ash jumped up from the tree straight at Rhydon surprising the drill pokemon. Ash disappeared from Rhydon's site view before feeling a strong pull on its horn. Rhydon fell backwards hitting the ground, making the dust go up in the air.

"You failed to think that if you don't have your tail behind you, you will easily loose balance" Ash said, standing beside Rhydon's head. "As I was saying, I am ok with you doing things your way. People would take you as someone thinking only about destruction. And that may be a situation if you get angry. But-" Ash paused as he knelt down. "Don't put everyone around you in danger. You can be smart, I saw it. If we can just cooperate better, it will better for both sides. I tell you what I like and don't like and you tell me the same." Ash tapped Rhydon's forehead. "So can we at least try it?"

Presence

"Well?" Korrina asked as she tapped her foot.

"See? You made idiot out of me." Ash laughed as he took a drink. Lysandre chuckled back. "We know each other, but he kinda didn't tell me his name. Right Lysandre?"

"Yeah." Lysandre said as he turned to both gym leaders. "I'm pleased to finally meet gym leaders of Lumiose city and Shalour city. Clemont and Korrina." he said with a small bow.

"Same here. Let me just ask, by your interaction with Ash I would guess this isn't your first meeting." Clemont said seeing both of them sitting next to each other.

"Yeah, we met the first time I was in Battle cheteau. We have been in contact since then. So when we went here, we decided to meet with each other and have a battle." Ash said as he stood up. "And I think now is our turn, am I right?" Ash walked through door, leaving both gym leaders and one famous ginger hair person. "I leave Pikachu to you." he said, his eyes for moment landing on his buddy.

Meanwhile in the audience, the trio of girls sat, waiting for next turn. Linda started a talk she was thinking about for a short time.

"Serena, do you think Ash is fine?" this question shocked Serena.

"What do you mean by that?" Serena turned her head toward Linda. She had closed eyes, thinking. Serena thought for a moment about her question. "I think Ash is ok now. I see him smile and be happy like before. He enjoys moments he would pass before we saw Cilan's grave. So I think he is fine, no. I think he feels very good." Serena turned back to Linda, Bonnie's eyes watching them both. "Why do you ask?"

"Just that they are connected." This confused both girls, but their thoughts were interrupted by the call of the next battle.

"We have another battle today. Marquis Ketchum." woman in white dresd pointed to one side. There stood Asg,his raven hair head sticking out of yellow cape. "Challenges Grand Duke Lysandre. This is also battle for Marquis Ketchum's being promoted."

This spread numerous talks between the crowd while the man walked on the battlefield in purple cape, his ginger hair and beard being the most recognisable on him. He walked straight toward Ash.

"It has been a while since I saw mr. Lysandre have a battle. But I am surprised he accepted challenge for battle from Marquis."

"That is an easy battle for Lysandre."