Stories and lullabies

The reptiles were dropped back into their glass boxes. once they were back in their boxes, Maddie curled up around herself looking like she was about to cry, while Malcolm looked at her sympathetically. "You okay Maddie? Frank asked. just then a metal gate opend and Jackie was dropped into her enclosure. "Get down ya crazy croc!" Chazz snapped as he slammed the gate shut. Jackie jumped and snapped her jaw scaring Chazzie, she then turned around laughing. You should be careful Jackie, they don't know your kidding" Malcolm snapped. "Aw don't worry Malcolm" she calmly replied while grabbing her fan. "they love it, besides it keeps me young. and how are my babies tonight? she asked, as she gazed around at the other reptiles. "Maddie, Malcolm, i almost forgot. today was your first show, how'd it go? she asked. Malcolm's gaze went soft, and he glanced towards Maddie, who covered her face as Jackie looked at her, it was then she realized how the show went. "oh that bad was it? she  asked, Malcolm nodded "aww honey, look at me, show auntie Jackie that beautiful face" she said in her usual motherly tone. "i'm not beautiful" Maddie sniffed briefly reveling her head. "i'm a monster". then burring her head back into her coils. Jackie chuckled. "Because a few humans screamed? "They were terrified Jackie. i-i made them cry". "We, made them cry" Malcolm spoke up. "they were just as, if not more scared of me then you, whatever they think or say, don't listen to them, because that's not who you are". he said firmly. "exactly, have some fun with it, that's what i do". Jackie commented. "And Malcolm's right, that's not who you are". she then turned to Frank. "Frank who are you? she asked. "Australian funnel-web, Hadronyche cerberea- not the label on your cage love. Jackie corrected him. "In your heart, what's your true passion? Frank sighed. "I-Interpretive dance". Zoe burst out laughing and fell off her branch, while Malcolm was holding back his laughter. "w-what, why is that so funny Zoe? Frank demanded. I thought you needed a partner to be a dancer. She said. "oh don't be mean" Nigel said. "It's not Frank's fault that it's mating season and he can't get a date. He finished. "P-please can everybody just stop talking about that, i'm single by choice, by choice people"! Frank stressed. "And Nigel" Jackie continued. "Nigel just wants everything to be beautiful". "I  have a horror of beige" he replied. "And Zoe's so smart she's always figuring out ways to escape" Jackie finished. Zoe then demonstrated a way by pulling down a small branch near her which triggered a marble to fall along a small tunnel in the tree, which caused a rock to catapult a stone up to her enclosure light to fall down with it's wire still connected. "And as for you" Jackie looked over at Maddie and Malcolm. "You can-kill a hundred people in ten seconds each! Frank interrupted. This caused Maddie to feel hurt, and Malcolm to  glare at Frank. "seriously Frank? Zoe said disapprovingly. "I-i was just commenting there ruthless efficiency". Not helpful Frank" Malcolm replied. "You can be whoever you want" Jackie continued. "So who cares what a bunch of silly humans think? "But Chazz said that they'd love me, he said i was special" Maddie protested. "And you are special" Malcolm consoled her. "No, not in that way not like him" She looked over at the monitor that was showing Pretty Boy. Frank, Zoe, Malcolm and... sort of Nigel made a disgusting comment each. 

"People love him" Maddie continued. "They line up for hours just to hug him, no ones ever gonna wanna hug me". Malcolm was resisting so hard to hug the light blue taipan right in front of him. he opened his mouth to say something but Frank beat him to it. "o-oh unless you were to threaten them with your in sensational blood lust" FRANK! Malcolm shouted. j-just a pitch. he finished nerveless. "aww, you know what you need, a nice bedtime story to cheer you up" Jackie said. Yayy. Nigel cheered. 

"Now, you kids were brought here when you were just babies" Jackie started. "So you wouldn't remember anything about the outback. "oh i do, i do. Maddie piped up. "I mean not much but i remember this song my mum used to sing. "Why don't you sing it to us? Malcolm asked. "And maybe Frank can dance. Nigel put in. as they all heard a smooching sound, and turned to see Frank kissing a twig. "Umm, maybe Frank needs help. Zoe said. "i-i-it's a twig i know but try telling my heart". Frank said after putting the twig behind him. Maddie then began to sing "Sleep little one, close your eyes, your bodies coolen, with the night, letch your worries slip away, tomorrow is a brand new day". when the song ended Maddie received a number of praises... Mostly from Malcolm, from what Zoe noticed. "That was beautiful Hun. Jackie complemented. your mum must'a loved you very much".  Maddie sighed. i wish i'd known her. Well can't say i ever met her, but before i came here i visited a lot of places in the outback. Jackie said. what was your favorite place? Nigel asked. Oh that's a tough one. she tells us every night Nigel. Zoe corrected him before getting shushed by Frank and Nigel. "I think my favorite place is... the mountains where i grew up. I knew it! i knew she was gonna say that Nigel cheered. She says it every night Nigel. Malcolm said. "Their the most beautiful mountains in the world. Jackie continued. Tall as the sky. What color? Nigel asked. Red as a bush berry, except at sunset when they turn the true color of the outback. Everyone wowed in amazement. that's right Jackie continued. and that's the place where you all come from, and i know that one day, your gonna find your way back to those mountains, and meet your families. Now go to sleep, my babies. She finished. Zoe, Frank and Nigel went to their beds. Jackie turned to see Maddie still looking at the picture on the wall, and Malcolm gazing sadly at her. Jackie felt a pang of sympathy for the male taipan, she knew he was in love with Maddie, but he knew she didn't feel the same. Jackie on the other... Claw, knew Maddie did feel the same way because she had seen signs that told her she did, such as her taking quick glances at him when she thought no one was looking. she then decided to break the mood before this went on all night. First shows always the hardest. she said causing both of them to look at her. "it gets easier, i promise". "If you say so". Malcolm replied

 (crikey that took forever, sorry it took me this long to finish this chapter)