In the city

It was now morning and Jacinta and the reptiles had arrived at the city, Jacinta came to an opening near the ocean allowing the reptiles to get off. "Now, once your through the city, just head to the blue mountains". Jacinta instructed. "ohh they sound pretty, what kind of blue?" Nigel asked. "Urrm kind of a smoky, eucalyptus blue?" Jacinta answered. "like a sharubian or- yes their mountains Nigel I'm sure we can easily find them" Malcolm interrupted. "Thanks Jacinta" Maddie said. "And remember" she said while swimming away. "if you need help just contact, uss" and then dived underwater. Everyone except Pretty Boy smiled and waved after her, until a horn caught their attention, they looked up to see countless humans walking on the footpath above. "That's a lot of humans" Zoe said in surprise. "Maybe some of them are nice?" Nigel suggested. "If we meet a nice human i'd be dreaming" Malcolm said. "and i'd love to stay, but i'm afraid i'm late for my appointment with the real world" Pretty Boy said, then grabbed Zoe by the tail and used her as a comb. "By the way your never gonna get to the outback, you should quit before you get your friends killed, later losers" and then he said as he climbed up the stairs. "And you'd better get moving before you get killed" Malcolm hissed under his breath. "Ugg, what a jerk" Zoe said. "Come on guys, we should keep moving" Maddie said. The reptiles cautiously went up the stars and then hid behind a rubbish bin, they kept moving until they herd someone running, and it sounded like it was coming towards them. In a panic the reptiles practically dived into a nearby alleyway and hid in various things. When it sounded like the running was gone they emerged from their hiding spots. While Malcolm and Maddie hid in a trash can and Maddie... got a new look for a second, Nigel, Frank and Zoe  were all crammed in a take-out box. "All clear" Maddie whispered. the others practically burst out of the take-out box. "Have you always been this spiky?" Frank asked. "Have you always been this clueless?!" Zoe countered. "Who knew intermissie could be so painful" Nigel said. "Shh, come on guys" Maddie said. and the followed after her. "Don't worry I know exactly where i'm going snakes have a built in radar". Maddie said. "ahh Madds, I hate to break it to you but that's bats" Malcolm said. "Oh, in that case, i am completely lost" She said, slightly blushing from the nickname Malcolm gave her which Zoe easily noticed and smirked. "Maybe we can ask Pretty Boy" Nigel broke the silence. They all heard screaming and turned to see Pretty Boy being chased by humans, and he was heading their way. Soon they were surrounded by humans. "Save me!" Pretty Boy said diving behind Maddie. "Their trying to kill me!" He said fearfully. The humans were freaked out by the reptiles and said something that got their attention. "That's a taipan dude, their vicious killers" "That's not true!" Maddie said. "Y-yes it is take her" Pretty Boy said "Y-you'll get a huge reward" Malcolm then bonked Pretty Boy on the head with his tail. The humans were closing in and looking like they were about to grab them when... "Dear god, don't let me die with ugly animals" Pretty Boy prayed. 'gasp' the ugly secret society" Maddie realized. "What's the password?" ugly is good but- something is ugly. They all tried to remember what the password was. "Kill them" they heard one of the humans shout. Maddie then remembered, and started to say it when a human put his shirt over them. I'm ugly your ugly we should all be this ugly, ugly is the new beautiful. Then all of a sudden they found themselves in the sewers. They looked around but saw nobody there. "Hello?" Maddie's words echoed. "is anybody there?" They then heard a noise. Maddie and Pretty Boy grabbed and pressed themselves against Malcolm as they saw shapes coming towards them. "Are you friendly, chipmunks?" Pretty Boy said nervously. They saw the shapes coming closer, they saw it was all over the tunnel, they looked back and saw more shapes were all around them tunnel. "I don't think their chipmunks" Malcolm said. When the shapes got closer Frank realized what they were. 'gasp' red-backs, don't anybody move, their venom is ten times as deadly as mine" He said fearfully. They all looked up to see another red-back coming down on a web. "a-are you with- the ugly secret society" The red-back cut Maddie off. "Yes, nice fangs" She said grabbing Maddie by the chin with web. "Aren't you those snakes who can- kill a hundred people in ten seconds, yes we are, and we are definitely not tired of hearing that" Malcolm interrupted. "impressive, welcome to Uss, I'm Legs Lucheanna, cappa of the east coast" She said. I'm Frank, what are you doing later?" Frank said failing to hit on her. "Eating my husband" She said causally. "And after that?" Frank asked before getting slapped by Zoe. "How did you find us?" Legs asked. "Jacinta gave us the password" Maddie whispered. "Good agent, tricky smile" Legs replied. "Can you help us navigate through the city?" Maddie asked. "Sure" Legs said. "And don't worry, everyone here knows what you've been through, we've all been condemned to society, driven to the sewers, your safe with us" Everyone sighed in relief. "Except him" Legs motioned towards Pretty Boy, he's really attractive, we're gonna have to kill him". A bunch of red-backs jumped on Pretty Boy's face. "I-it's okay legs he's with us" Maddie said. "Very well" Legs said. The spiders then crawled off of Pretty Boy's face. "But if he stumbles into some flattery lining, I can't be held responsible" "I won't i swear" Pretty Boy said fearfully. "I'll stick with Barry- it's Maddie". Maddie snapped. "Why'd you bring all those humans after us?" Malcolm demanded. "T-they think i'm deadly and disgusting, they think i'm you" He replied. "Well you can't go back to the park, so I guess your stuck with, the ugly animals" Malcolm said, a hint of smugness in his tone. "Do I have a choice?" Pretty Boy asked. "Yes, you can stay with us, or go get clubbed to death by your fans" Malcolm said pointing up. "Hmm, it's a cool title but- okay let's go ladies" Legs said, and then said something to two other red-backs, and they started moving. "I've never had a pretty friend before" Nigel said moving up to Pretty Boy. "Can I call you PB? no. Can i wipe my bottom with your fur? What!?" "Jeez Nigel" Why would you even say something like that? Zoe and Frank criticized. They can into a pipe. "Are we waiting for the ballay? Pretty Boy asked. "No, a flush" Legs answered. "Wait what" All of a sudden there was a flush and water rushed out of a nearby pipe sweeping the reptiles and Pretty Boy away. The reptiles found this rather fun like surfing. Pretty Boy on the other hand was not having fun and was whining pretty much the whole time. After a while Pretty Boy fell down into another tunnel... and on top of Malcolm. "GET YOUR DAMP SLIMY FUR OFF ME" Malcolm shouted. "Get those fangs away from me" Pretty Boy snapped. Suddenly they heard a noise and were shot up into the air...

 And landed on a window cleaner lift, everything was fine after that... until Pretty Boy saw himself. "AHH, look at my fur, I have to call Martien" He pressed one of the buttons on the lift and it shot down. until Zoe pressed the other button making them stop. They looked up and saw two familiar fingers. "It's Chazz and Chazzie" Maddie said. While Chazz was trying to get across the road the reptiles quickly jumped down from the lift and disguised themselves as accessories on a nearby woman. When Chazz and Chazzie were gone they removed themselves from the woman. "Shame on you for wearing fur" Pretty Boy said. Which caused the woman to throw them off. The reptiles scurried onto the road and manged to get across but Pretty Boy stopped in the middle of the road. Looking up at a news screen which showed a mormoreal for his 'death'. It then showed that they just replaced him with another cute animal called Giggles, which Pretty Boy got mad at "Maddie what are you doing?" Legs asked when she saw Maddie starting to approach the road. "Zoe, Malcolm, catapult. Malcolm and Maddie wrapped their heads around nearby poles and took held of each others tail, while Zoe pulled them back from the middle and launched Nigel right into Pretty Boy just before a car hit him. "Bye Legs" Maddie said moving onto the road with the others. "Good luck" Legs called. unfortunately for them Chazzie saw them and alerted his dad. "Guys grab hold of me" Maddie said. They did just that and onto the bottom of the ice-cream truck coming their way. They moved onto the back of it in front of the doors away from Chazz and Chazzie.

"Nice thinking Maddie" Malcolm complemented her. "U-um, t-thanks" Maddie said slightly flustered from his complement. "Does he like me back?" Maddie thought. "No, he can't, I'm not good enough for Malcolm, he's just saying that to make me feel important. "I knew they liked each other" Zoe thought. she had a feeling about that for a long time. Malcolm sticking up and comforting Maddie, and Maddie getting very flustered from his complements and taking glances at him when she thought nobody was looking. Now she knew for sure.

Maddie and Malcolm Liked each other.