6 - "Sick"

When the bell rang to signal the end of school, you headed off to face the classroom you'd been dreading. At least if the only students there were you and him, it wouldn't be so bad; you didn't want to be put in a room with other assholes.

You pushed open the door and entered the classroom. Megumi sat far up the back and argued with some guy sitting near who was bugging him.

"So where's the special someone, huh?" The guy asked.

"Shut up! I said we're not–"

Megumi stopped talking when he saw you. The other guy looked up too. He wolf whistled.

"Leave L/n alone," Megumi muttered.

"Oh, so you're jealous?"

"I'm not, you piece of shi–"

"Stop arguing, you two, or I'll make you stay in longer!" The teacher at the front desk yelled. You felt a little scared; detention wasn't usually a place for you.

You sat down at the desk next to Megumi and wrote a note for him. There's no point arguing with him. Don't stay in detention for longer.

You gave him the note and he read it. He sighed.

The guy wrote something on a bit of paper, too. He crumpled it up into a ball and ditched it at your head.

"Oi, don't throw shit at them!"

"Fushiguro! Stop talking and do your work!" The teacher told him.

You flattened the paper and read it.

So why'd you go missing?

You threw the paper in the bin. Another ball of paper hit your head but you threw it in the bin without reading it. Megumi watched the scene unfold. He looked very irritated.

The boy kept writing things on paper and throwing paper balls at you. The teacher didn't seem to notice anything; she was busy marking.

"Read them, bitch," He whispered.

Megumi snapped. "Don't call them that! Stop throwing shit at them!"

"Fushiguro! Detention for you tomorrow as well!" The teacher yelled over him, not bothering to look up from the papers in front of her.

–––––

Detention ended early; but not because the two guys stopped fighting, because the teacher got sick of hearing them bicker.

You and Megumi walked to the train station together. He looked like he might rip the guy's head off if he saw him again.

"Are you ok?" You asked.

"That fucking asshole. I'm tempted to stay at school to make sure he doesn't do that shit again!"

"Relax. I can handle it myself."

"Tomorrow's my last day, though."

"What!? You didn't tell me that!"

He shrugged. "I didn't know it bothered you that much."

Why was it bothering you that much? You'd be at the same school with him next year, anyway. It was only a couple of months away.

"No, not really. I just didn't expect you to be leaving so soon."

"Yeah, well I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible."

"Mhmm."

The rest of the walk was silent. You both got on the train and said goodbye when you got off at your stop.